Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have been offered a place at Abertay for September doing Game Design And Production Managment. I cannot wait to start but cannot see much in regards to parking.

I am from Northern Ireland and really want to bring my car with me as I don't think I could live without it. I am looking to stay in Opal 1 halls but they don't have a car park, which is ****... -.-

I was wondering if there are any alternatives for cheap parking, ideally free. I really want to bring my car with me. Is there anything I can do for parking?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

don't know about Opal but there is a multi storey car park near to Opal and next to the Uni which is run by the Dundee city council and you can apply for a permanent parking sticker which is 70 Pound a year. That's what I did.

ReputationRep:
    This is quite late but opal do have a carpark, limited to 6 student spaces. However you have to pay £25 A MONTH for these.
    The Bell Street car park (literally a 2 min walk) is £70 for a year however you must be able to prove that your car is insured to stay overnight at that carpark. Chances are in Dundee, you are very unlikely to need your car. I left mine at home for my first two years and plan on again this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.