Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Motivation Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEmkTUVQX8Q

Too much of anything could in theory make you fat, following the premise of calories in vs calories out. You avoid fruit because it can contribute to fat storage? Surely that's true of any food. There are fruitarians who aren't overweight but consume vast amounts of fructose every day.

I'm not knowledgeable with nutrition, so what you said largely went over my head, but I'd be interested to see one person that is overweight because they consumed too much fruit. In fact I think the statement 'I find people eat loads of it' pretty hard to believe - how much do you class as "loads", out of interest?
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying that in my opinion and observations I've found it easier to avoid eating fruit and just get the vitamins from vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music99)
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying that in my opinion and observations I've found it easier to avoid eating fruit and just get the vitamins from vegetables.
    Like I said, I've never seen someone become overweight through overconsumption of fructose. I doubt the majority of people who are trying to lose weight eat 'loads' of fruit.

I'm not trying to criticise your personal diet preferences mate, I just find suggesting that people avoid fruit through fear of fructose wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    Like I said, I've never seen someone become overweight through overconsumption of fructose. I doubt the majority of people who are trying to lose weight eat 'loads' of fruit.

I'm not trying to criticise your personal diet preferences mate, I just find suggesting that people avoid fruit through fear of fructose wrong.
    Yeah, It's a fair enough comment. Each to there own .

ReputationRep:
    Are you counting calories? Your diet is crucial when you're looking to get good results.

Motivation is one of the hardest things you can get. Personally, I find seeing results motivates me to continue doing what I'm doing. Everyone has their own ways to get motivated and if you really find yourself losing the will to get off your ass and workout, then just get off your ass. Getting results is as hard as you make it. You're the one in control here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.