Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Why do ballet flats make your feet smell so bad, I like to wear these shoes all the time but they really make your feet stink

ReputationRep:
    Some guys would argue that this isn't a bad thing haha.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because we don't wear them with socks so our feat sweat against the leather or whatever synthetic material is used. Try cycling through a couple of pairs and regularly wiping them down/soaking your feet.

Because you're gross and choose to wear your shoes without socks and yet do nothing to combat the inevitable sweat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parpirate)
    Because you're gross and choose to wear your shoes without socks and yet do nothing to combat the inevitable sweat.
    There are woman out there who wear socks with flat shoes? Awkward...

(Original post by pmc:producer)
    There are woman out there who wear socks with flat shoes? Awkward...
    Socks / tights, either way if you're going to go bare foot and not do anything about the sweat then it's bit stupid to not expect them to smell.

ReputationRep:
    if you wear bare feet in shoes then put talcum powder in them first, it works really well

ReputationRep:
    Wear skin coloured nylon socks?

ReputationRep:
    I've never had that problem. Clean the shoes or throw them away if they're old. Go get a pedi and remove dead skin from your feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parpirate)
    Socks / tights, either way if you're going to go bare foot and not do anything about the sweat then it's bit stupid to not expect them to smell.
    I don't even know why I am getting myself involved in this - given that I don't wear ballet flats! Haha.
    Anyway, I think the OP was seeking advice to deal with the sweat... Not looking to be criticised for lack to sock wearing!

ReputationRep:
    foot sprays? Or a light dusting of talcum powder.

(Original post by pmc:producer)
    I don't even know why I am getting myself involved in this - given that I don't wear ballet flats! Haha.
    Anyway, I think the OP was seeking advice to deal with the sweat... Not looking to be criticised for lack to sock wearing!
    Maybe, though she did actually just ask why they smell so bad as if she didn't know why

ReputationRep:
    Like other posters have said, Talcum powder works well

ReputationRep:
    I don't know exactly what they're called but I got some little pop sock things from primark, they're like little socks for with ballet shoes made from material like tights, they've solved the problem for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marketalooter)
    Why do ballet flats make your feet smell so bad, I like to wear these shoes all the time but they really make your feet stink
    Maybe you've just got smelly feet, it's perfectly natural. I wear ballet flats every day to work, with thin tan tights, and even though I'm on my feet all day as I work in a bank, when I get home and kick off my shoes my feet don't smell, or my boyfriend would soon tell me!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.