Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

How does sea foam actually work and improve a vehicles performance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am considering buying the car engine cleaning product ''sea foam'' but would first like to know how it works exactly, were does it get poured into, for example into the oil compartment or the fuel tank??

I would also like to know if it would improve fuel consumption and get me more miles for my money?

I think the products are quite cheap to buy, something like £15 for 2 bottles??

ReputationRep:
    it works best when run through a vacuum hose into the intake manifold, that way the solution isn't diluted in the gasoline. your filter should take care of any issues with gas, and the seafoam through the vacuum will get rid a lot of the carbon deposits on the top of the valves and pistons or as much as a simple liquid can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    it works best when run through a vacuum hose into the intake manifold, that way the solution isn't diluted in the gasoline. your filter should take care of any issues with gas, and the seafoam through the vacuum will get rid a lot of the carbon deposits on the top of the valves and pistons or as much as a simple liquid can.

I'm glad I found this thread, I would like to purchase it also, just wondering where do I pour the seafoam into please?

many thanks

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.