Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What was THE best day of your life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tell us literally the best day of your life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I must admit, no particular one stands out. It's a nice question to think about, though. I think in hindsight one of my favourite days was when three of my friends came to stay round my house in about year 9 and we just sat up talking about **** all night and afterwards I thought "yeah, I'm going to be friends with these guys for the rest of my life". And I was right.

GCSE results day was also pretty good, because I did a lot better than I expected, and then we had a really good party to celebrate that night with most of my friends. A level results day turned out well in the end and we also had a good celebration that night but it was too stressful because I spent most of the day in clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    I must admit, no particular one stands out. It's a nice question to think about, though. I think in hindsight one of my favourite days was when three of my friends came to stay round my house in about year 9 and we just sat up talking about **** all night and afterwards I thought "yeah, I'm going to be friends with these guys for the rest of my life". And I was right.

GCSE results day was also pretty good, because I did a lot better than I expected, and then we had a really good party to celebrate that night with most of my friends. A level results day turned out well in the end and we also had a good celebration that night but it was too stressful because I spent most of the day in clearing.
    What a relief

ReputationRep:
    My first set of results for AS I only took two exams (Core 1 and Statistics 1) I got 2 A's C1 I was happy with but S1 was a bloody miracle I honestly expected an E or U because I found it so hard (I improvised a lot and at one point I made up my own formula :teehee: ). Looking back at the module it wasn't that hard but stupid me over complicated it.

ReputationRep:
    A day touring the Blue Mountains in Australia with a group of awesome people. It included a trip to the zoo, several walks and a cruise in to Sydney Harbour in the evening. Lovely!

ReputationRep:

A level results day turned out well in the end and we also had a good celebration that night but it was too stressful because I spent most of the day in clearing.
    How did you do well when you had to go through clearing?:confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    A day touring the Blue Mountains in Australia with a group of awesome people. It included a trip to the zoo, several walks and a cruise in to Sydney Harbour in the evening. Lovely!
    I did like the exact same thing the Blue Mountains are awesome. When did you go to Australia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocoflow)
    I did like the exact same thing the Blue Mountains are awesome. When did you go to Australia?
    Excellent! Oooh... It was a good 5, coming on 6 years ago now!

ReputationRep:
    Probably Xmas 2007 as my mum had just finished radiotherapy and chemotherapy and we were all happy for her to still be with us. Short lived but I always think of that Christmas Day as being particularly special.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of 1 best day but a few stand out:

-The day I found out my GCSE results - i was so suprised at how well i'd done despite having really low attendance because of illness

-The day i passed my driving test

-The day me and my boyfriend went for our first holiday together - we set off at 4 in the morning to drive to Cornwall....it was so nice to be on a road trip just me and him, we went to see Dartmoor ponies just as the sun was rising and then spent the day on the beach and going for ice creams

LOVE the idea for this thread

ReputationRep:
    when I went to my first rave in a field when I was 17. the atmosphere was brilliant, literally everyone would talk to me.. and i was dancing with all my friends, abolutely caked off MDMA.

It was literally pure happiness!!

ReputationRep:
    The day I won the lottery

Spoiler:
    Show
    TEN WHOLE POUNDS BABY! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    My best year was 2012.

The day I met a girl after 5 years who turned into my gf. (now ex :/)

The day I got an Australian PR in under 9 days.

The day I got a job offer at the end of a truckload of rejections.

The same day I found out they were sending me to New York City for 2 months for training.

The day I frantically checked my exam results online and I managed to graduate with a 2.1.

The day I left someone a note in the library and she actually left a note herself, eventually turning into something more significant.

The day I had the best summer holiday of my life so far.

ReputationRep:
    On my 12th birthday back when I had an obsession with Westlife. My mum got me a cake with a picture of them on it and then that night we went out and shockingly she had tickets to their concert. About midway through, the band then had me on stage saying happy birthday!
    No birthday has beat it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for it

ReputationRep:
    For me, it was a night, in Seattle, sometime in the fall of 2012. I had no real plans of going anywhere, it was laundry day, and I was wearing mismatched clothes and an otherwise retired bra, but my friend Jess dragged me out of the house, so off I went. We ended up in the early evening in a park in Capitol Hill most famous for drug use and the leniency of the police officers towards said drug use. We got offered a few shady brownies and played frisbee for a few hours until someone mentioned coffee, and so we set out down the streets of Capitol Hill looking for an open café.

That's when it first passed. It was a white bus, with some colorful writing and painting on the sides, but what was extraordinary was the light being emitted from it: pink, purple, green and blue, shooting out of every window, combined with some unearthly music filling the streets as it went by.

"Take us with you!!" me and Jess shouted as we ran after the bus, but soon it was gone again. Our friends only laughed and shook their heads at us, and we continued our trek, at the same time theories spinning around in our heads. Were they hippies? Did they steal that bus? Why does stuff like that never happen to us?

We were almost at Bauhaus, the groups favorite café, when someone tapped me on the shoulder, then indicated the gas station down the road. There was the bus!! All shiny and pretty, and being loaded up with gas. Me and Jess ran there, the rest followed apprehensively.

"What are you?" I asked the man filling gas, eyes open wide, taking in the madness. He was dressed all in white, had long, brown hair, and a hand painted over his face.

"Get on the bus," he replied.

We went round to the front door, and there was a lady standing there, in a short skirt, braided hair, lots of jewelry and a fur vest.

"What do you do, and how do I join?" I asked again.

"Get on the bus," said the lady.

Me and Jess looked back on the others. They joked that in future telling of this story, they would be called "The Survivors", and no one would ever hear from us again. But Jess' best friend Izi was brave enough to join us, and the three of us, Izi, Jess and me, finally ascended the bus.

The light inside was dim, and everything was draped in fabrics. All the chairs had been removed, and instead, sofas had been placed alongside the walls, and tables, or something like it, covered with blankets, stood in the middle. We sat down behind the driver.

"Beer?" said a tipsy gentleman in party clothes, and handed us all some alcohol. He didn't seem to belong to the band, because he cheered with the rest of us when the hand-face man got back in the bus, and sat down behind the drums. Oh yes, there was a band: the back of the bus was filled with instruments and electronics, and with the hand-faced, they made three: a guitarist with a beard to his bellybutton, the previously mentioned drummer, and a keyboardist called Coda. The driver started the bus, the band kicked off, and back into the night we went.

I can already tell that this message is getting too long, so I'll sum up the night with a few events: we drove through Capitol Hill and downtown Seattle with our heads out the windows screaming "GET ON THE BUS! GET ON THE BUS!", we waited until a bunch of people got off and sat in the back with the musicians, asking questions and flirting shamelessly, we went by a house party and picked up a whole bunch of drunken/stoned people dressed in masquerade outfits who got so loud that the bus drove off into nowhere and demanded everyone get off the bus to make room for others ("But not you guys; you're with the band"), but no one was unhappy. Even the drunkards and stuck up business people got on the bus awkward and apprehensive, and left the bus as a big family, ecstatic, with a new belief in how wonderful and gorgeous life can be.

We got off at six in the morning, had breakfast and went back home to sleep forever. It didn't take longer than a few minutes on the bus until I realized it was the greatest night of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    How did you do well when you had to go through clearing?:confused::confused:
    It turned out well because my firm choice eventually decided to accept me even though I had missed my offer. Also, even if they hadn't, I would have been fine with it because I got offers from Southampton, KCL and Sheffield through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Garthfunkel)
    For me, it was a night, in Seattle, sometime in the fall of 2012. I had no real plans of going anywhere, it was laundry day, and I was wearing mismatched clothes and an otherwise retired bra, but my friend Jess dragged me out of the house, so off I went. We ended up in the early evening in a park in Capitol Hill most famous for drug use and the leniency of the police officers towards said drug use. We got offered a few shady brownies and played frisbee for a few hours until someone mentioned coffee, and so we set out down the streets of Capitol Hill looking for an open café.

That's when it first passed. It was a white bus, with some colorful writing and painting on the sides, but what was extraordinary was the light being emitted from it: pink, purple, green and blue, shooting out of every window, combined with some unearthly music filling the streets as it went by.

"Take us with you!!" me and Jess shouted as we ran after the bus, but soon it was gone again. Our friends only laughed and shook their heads at us, and we continued our trek, at the same time theories spinning around in our heads. Were they hippies? Did they steal that bus? Why does stuff like that never happen to us?

We were almost at Bauhaus, the groups favorite café, when someone tapped me on the shoulder, then indicated the gas station down the road. There was the bus!! All shiny and pretty, and being loaded up with gas. Me and Jess ran there, the rest followed apprehensively.

"What are you?" I asked the man filling gas, eyes open wide, taking in the madness. He was dressed all in white, had long, brown hair, and a hand painted over his face.

"Get on the bus," he replied.

We went round to the front door, and there was a lady standing there, in a short skirt, braided hair, lots of jewelry and a fur vest.

"What do you do, and how do I join?" I asked again.

"Get on the bus," said the lady.

Me and Jess looked back on the others. They joked that in future telling of this story, they would be called "The Survivors", and no one would ever hear from us again. But Jess' best friend Izi was brave enough to join us, and the three of us, Izi, Jess and me, finally ascended the bus.

The light inside was dim, and everything was draped in fabrics. All the chairs had been removed, and instead, sofas had been placed alongside the walls, and tables, or something like it, covered with blankets, stood in the middle. We sat down behind the driver.

"Beer?" said a tipsy gentleman in party clothes, and handed us all some alcohol. He didn't seem to belong to the band, because he cheered with the rest of us when the hand-face man got back in the bus, and sat down behind the drums. Oh yes, there was a band: the back of the bus was filled with instruments and electronics, and with the hand-faced, they made three: a guitarist with a beard to his bellybutton, the previously mentioned drummer, and a keyboardist called Coda. The driver started the bus, the band kicked off, and back into the night we went.

I can already tell that this message is getting too long, so I'll sum up the night with a few events: we drove through Capitol Hill and downtown Seattle with our heads out the windows screaming "GET ON THE BUS! GET ON THE BUS!", we waited until a bunch of people got off and sat in the back with the musicians, asking questions and flirting shamelessly, we went by a house party and picked up a whole bunch of drunken/stoned people dressed in masquerade outfits who got so loud that the bus drove off into nowhere and demanded everyone get off the bus to make room for others ("But not you guys; you're with the band"), but no one was unhappy. Even the drunkards and stuck up business people got on the bus awkward and apprehensive, and left the bus as a big family, ecstatic, with a new belief in how wonderful and gorgeous life can be.

We got off at six in the morning, had breakfast and went back home to sleep forever. It didn't take longer than a few minutes on the bus until I realized it was the greatest night of my life.

...Dem brownies made you high, didn't they?

ReputationRep:
    It turned out well because my firm choice eventually decided to accept me even though I had missed my offer. Also, even if they hadn't, I would have been fine with it because I got offers from Southampton, KCL and Sheffield through clearing.
    seriously???

Never knew you could get into decent unis through clearing

ReputationRep:
    Nothing really significant happened, it was a Friday afternoon last April when it was unseasonably hot and I had no more lessons for the rest of the day so my friends and I just lay on the grass at school chatting and eating ice cream. I just felt really content and it was so nice to unwind considering how stressed we were with exams

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.