Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Any thoughts on the Beatles? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a huge fan but I like their songs enough I play them all the time in my playlist (so still a big fan). Yeah. I'm thinking of doing my school project on them...? "I Will" is the strongest contender so far, so I need thoughts, opinions, whatever

Oh, and just apropos of nothing... do not listen to music on an empty stomach. I'm starving now -_-'

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan, never have been. I find the texts quite uninteresting and most of the songs are quite samey

ReputationRep:
    I love em, they're my favourite band. And my favourite album is the white album, which is the one with I Will on it.

ReputationRep:
    I am a huge huge huge fan best band evaaa!

ReputationRep:
    one of the most important and influential bands of all time, also one of the very best

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think I was a Beatles fan. One day at lunch time I borrowed my friends iPod and sat listening to one of his playlists. I had heard most of the songs before but didn't know what they were called nor who performed them, but I loved it. Realised it was the Beatles, went home and downloaded loads of their songs and since that day I have been a Beatles fan.

ReputationRep:
    I cry when I listen to the Beatles 😢😪😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying, everyone! I enjoyed reading through your thoughts/opinions/whatever Since the majority of you guys are fans, you might want to check this out -- it made me smile when I saw it!!

PS. Even if you don't like The Beatles, still watch it anyway I dare ya.

ReputationRep:
    I'm by no means a massive fan, but my favourite songs are Revolution 1, Blackbird, Penny Lane, A day in the life, Help and Ob-la-di ob-la-da

ReputationRep:
    Great

ReputationRep:
    The BEST. From the cheery love songs on please please me, to the psychedelia sounds of abbey road, the Beatles will always be number one for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathramps)
    The BEST. From the cheery love songs on please please me, to the psychedelia sounds of abbey road, the Beatles will always be number one for me.
    AGREE!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The question is: are you the Eggman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skumgummi)
    Not a fan, never have been. I find the texts quite uninteresting and most of the songs are quite samey
    I don't like them either.

ReputationRep:
    i love them. especially love listening to them on a sunny day. i honestly don't know what it is about them but i find their music so calming, and just.. i don't know, it always puts a smile on my face!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skumgummi)
    If you think their songs are samey then you can't have listened to enough, just listen to the White Album and the variation is incredible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They are just something else. A 'cut above the rest' (and I'm not one for clichés) they are the greatest band to grace Earth, and I can listen to a Beatles song in any mood I'm in

ReputationRep:
    Er, legends? One and only's? The greatest musicians ever to have lived?

Those are just some of my thoughts on the Beatles.

ReputationRep:
    Highly overrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    Highly overrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, they're rated highly for good reason :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.