Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm doing my final GCSE art project and have chosen the topic 'Art and Words'
    I have looked into the work of Sarah Fishburn and Barbara Kruger, but i'm stuck on what to do now?
    Help urgently needed, i should be halfway through my project by now and i have only just started! x

ReputationRep:
    try doing a mind map sounds stupid if you'e already done that, but helped me really to come up with an idea for my art. literally type into google images, art and words see what comes up, try deviantart.com too has loads of amazing picture maybe one of them will inspire you.

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    found ralph ueltzhoeffer, think he is really interesting!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm currently in my final year of A-Level fine Art but I remember what it was like to do GCSE Art and my sister is currently doing the exact same topic.

What theme within that are you doing e.g. She is looking at Fairytales.

I recommend just filling your artbook with lots of drawings of your own, research artists that will inform your work aka. use their style or ideas within your own and do copies of their work. Also write about what ideas it has given you etc.

For your mind map brainstorm all the ideas you have around the theme, do sketches of ideas you might have and add artists which could link to the ideas and themes you come up with and put printed out pictures of their work next to them showing you are looking at them for inspiration.

If you can go to a gallery and look at some other artist's work then type up your experience and any ideas it gave you!!

With all that you should pretty much fill your book and get a good grade.

For my last A - Level unit I only dropped one mark so I think I know what i'm tlaking about!! Haha

All the best and good luck

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.