Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The best concert you ever attended? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I find it impossible to choose, I've loved most of the gigs I've been to. I can't even pick from 2012, let alone all time.

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead last year at the O2. Not the first time I've seen them (Glastonbury 2011), but a longer set and a bigger mix from their back-catalogue. With Caribou supporting as well, who were the best live act that I saw at Glastonbury. Perfect mix really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daemonium)
    Foo Fighters at the Milton Keynes Bowl on the 3rd July 2011, they were brilliant.
    That gig was just insane :eek:

Rammstein - not into their music but the guys know how to put on a god damn good show
    Marilyn Manson - kind of grew up with his music so seeming him live was just a childhood dream come true haha
    Frightened Rabbit - I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry through out most of it. Their music is beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Tenacious D ...
    Download 2012 , my first ever festival !
    HUGE cowrd almost bigger than black sabbath and everyone singing along and to top it off the rain had finally stopped

ReputationRep:
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
    Nobody knew who they were at all because it was before Thrift Shop went big, so it was at the TINY deaf institute in Manchester, so i met him and chatted with him afterwards. It was incredible.

ReputationRep:
    hmm.... this is a pretty tough one :P There's no way I can choose just one

The Black Crusade, NEC Nov 2007 (Machine Head, Trivium, DragonForce, Arch Enemy, Shadows Fall). I was 15 I think, and it was my first gig of that size. Pretty damn amazing!

Slipknot, Machine Head and Children of Bodom, NIA Dec 2008. I was on the front row for that one

Trivium at Download 2009. Epic performance, and a wonderful close to the weekend!

Dropkick Murphys Download 2012. Not because I'm even that big on the band, but everyone was just in such high spirits, dancing with each other, and so on. Was amazing fun

ReputationRep:
    Rodger water - the wall tour - July 2011
    Pretty much all of leeds 2011
    Hopefully the who will be epic this summer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy3003)
    MUSE!!!! was 3 years ago and my first proper concert, was amazing was in teignmouthwhich was not only their hometown so that was a great place for them, but was also where my grandparents used to live and I went their so much as a child and returning several years later to see my favourite grup at the time!! Also we were able to get quite clost to the stage but on a sort of mound and had quite some space so were able to see them really well
    Wow, that sounds amazing! I've never seen Muse live, but I would love to some time soon, I love them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08rbut)
    Wow, that sounds amazing! I've never seen Muse live, but I would love to some time soon, I love them
    Yeahh it really was!! Ahh you should, so good live, they're such a great band, especially on stage

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh it really was!! Ahh you should, so good live, they're such a great band, especially on stage
    I've seen them twice already, they are amazing live. I will be seeing them again in May, looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    The Stone Roses at Heaton Park 29/06/12 will be one to beat.

ReputationRep:
    I would... but my parents won't let me, they're so strict! My friend said she would go with me (and she goes to a lot concerts by herself)...

ReputationRep:
    The Prodigy 2009 in Brisbane
    The Stone Roses last year in Manchester!
    and definitely Rammstein, I think even if you re not too keen on their music...the show is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)
    Dropkick Murphys Download 2012. Not because I'm even that big on the band, but everyone was just in such high spirits, dancing with each other, and so on. Was amazing fun
    I think that was the most cheerful crowd I have ever been in.

ReputationRep:
    Arctic monkeys - Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes National Bowl 2011! Everlong and fireworks to close the concert...Beautiful! Also, Green Day at their surprise show in Reading Festival last August. Crazy!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Pink Floyd, Earls Court 1994. Musicians could be a bit livelier on stage but the theatrical performance, stage props and sheer scale is something else:

http://youtu.be/6HpY31CGgqY?t=3m33s

Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters, Wembley 2008 with half of Led Zeppelin. Pure Nirvana!

http://youtu.be/xlbNq4hRfTE?t=3s

Killers. Albert Hall 2009. Couldn't beat the atmosphere:

http://youtu.be/IdWZgTvf4t0?t=29s

ReputationRep:
    S Club 7.

They were amazeballs.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=dartanoir;41701356]That gig was just insane :eek:

You were there too?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=daemonium;41714347]
    (Original post by dartanoir)
    That gig was just insane :eek:

You were there too?
    Not sure if I went on the 3rd of 4th but yes I was

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.