Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Basically all I've ever wanted is to be a midwife but I'm afraid I'm not going to get the grades for how competitive it is, so realistically in the long run would I be better to do adult nursing & deviate into midwifery after? Im currently ressiting my AS year at sixth form so I dont want to risk applying for midwifery & not being able to do it so therefore losing out on another year. Is adult nursing a good course? & will it be hard to deviate into midwifery?

ReputationRep:
    Go for midwifery if that's what you want, they are different professions and they are stopping the conversion course (a lot of unis have stopped it all ready). Just read up loads about it and get as much work experience as possible to strengthen your application.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of universities have the same entry requirements for midwives as they do for nursing anyway.

If you want to be a midwife go for it! Don't change just because its competitive!

P.s I've just got a place for children's nursing which have less than half the places than midwives at unis i was terrified about not getting picked but if its what you want go for it. Your passion for the profession and knowledge means a lot to universities as well as the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.