Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:

Hi,

I'm currently studying a BTEC Level 3, and I finish the 1st year in a few months. I've stuck with it throughout this year despite not really enjoying it, but I've decided that after I've finished this year (I'm on course for a distinction), I am not going to go back for the second year.

What I want to know is will I get anything (award/certificate) if I quit after the 1st year?

ReputationRep:
    If you have completed 3 units including 2 core units, then you have sufficient points to achieve the certificate. If you haven't completed the core units, then no you wont get anything unfortunately.

If you are studying 6 units this year, you will have to complete 2 core units and 4 other units in order to achieve the subsidiary diploma.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what qualification you've been studying for, but if you've been studying for a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, then I believe after one year you are able to achieve a BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma, which is worth 3 AS-levels (I think!)
    :-)

ReputationRep:
    I do a BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care and in my first year. If I quit after this year then I don't get a certificate for it.
    I think it'll be the same for you as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing a level 3 extended diploma in performing arts,I have stuck through it although I have hated it,I'm coming to the end of my first year.Wil I get anything for doing just one year?

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.