The Student Room Group

Revising foundation and higher simultaneously

I hope I'm not breaking the rules here, or posting in the wrong section - if either is the case, admins, please.

Moving on.

The results for my Maths foundation resit are soon to be revealed either tomorrow or on Thursday this week. I am pretty sure I have failed, which leaves me with the dilemma of achieving at minimum a C in the June resit whilst obtaining an A grade in Psychology. I also resat an exam from last year in Psychology, to which I was able to achieve I high C grade and a U grade (I am still to this day confused as to how this came about, I quite clearly didn't cheat and finished it to the best of my abilities). The results for that exam are also to be revealed on either Wednesday or Thursday, therefore dictating how high a grade I can achieve in Psychology.

I have contacted local colleges, to which all have identified the passing of the deadline being last week, however two of the three have stipulated their their deadline for late entrants is 8th March - and a soon to be decided deadline for late, late entrats - and 19th April for the other respectively.

Which begs the original question: is it possible to revise for both foundation and higher Maths simultaneously and still achieve the minimum results? For me to get into my chosen university, I require either an A in Psychology and a C in Maths, or a B in Psychology and a B in Maths. I am almost at a loss to configure a plan in which to meet both requirements, having other priorities to attend to in other subjects.

So yes. Also, if this is possible, how does one go about it? Any [constructive] suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Hate to bump threads, but yes.
Original post by NKDJ
Hate to bump threads, but yes.

I think you need to wait until Thursday for your results. It is possible to prepare for Foundation and Higher simultaneously (there is a good degree of overlap and some shared questions) but it would be better not to have to do so.
Reply 3
Original post by Mr M
I think you need to wait until Thursday for your results. It is possible to prepare for Foundation and Higher simultaneously (there is a good degree of overlap and some shared questions) but it would be better not to have to do so.

The likelihood that I will have achieved the necessary C grade from the exam results on Thursday are next to nil. That's the main reason why I need to devise the best way possible to revise for both F and H.

Quick Reply

Latest