Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie6)
    I have an interview coming up for the MSc programme and would really appreciate any feedback about the written test!
    Thanks in advance
    Hi Katie,

I'm keen to apply for this course (as can be read in my reply to another post on this thread) and judging by your successive posts you got on the course? (congrats!)

Wondering if you could shed any light on the interview/written assessment/expected anguish of both said tasks haha? Thinking of applying around this time for 2017/2018 entry so any advice is sound advice!

Thanks

Harriet

ReputationRep:
    In the interview they asked about previous experience and the like. Also asked if I knew how Nottingham was different to other courses (it's much more research focused) and then talked through my grades in stats and research based modules. They also ask quite a lot about your idea for your dissertation. Won't be what you end up doing but a good idea to go in with something you can talk about.
    The test was daunting as I had no idea what to prepare for but as everyone is in the same boat it's not too bad. From what I can remember it asked about statistical prinicples (i.e power) but also had a question about how you learned from a personal experience.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so so so much! That's so great!

Also fills me with dread haha as my stats mark was my worst at university. Got a high 2:1 overall but my third year stats individual grade was a C/2:2 so bit worried about how that will hinder me if they are very researched focused. So you're on the course now correct? Is it heavily researched based then I assume? My undergrad dissertation was a research project so I'm presuming this one is too?

ReputationRep:
    I think their main focus was on my grade for my final year dissertation project to be honest.
    Yeah I'm on the course. The research project is worth 120 credits out of 180, so it is pretty research based.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I am looking to apply for the top-up program this year and was wondering if there is anyone on the course that give me some insight on the structure of the course and more info about the placements? I can't find much about the structure of the course on their website and or about how much time is spent on placement, etc.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm weighing up the options course wise there's Nottingham, Birmingham and Cardiff.
    Does anyone know if/how this course is better than the Cardiff one?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.