Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do you pick yourself up when you're feeling down? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got to a bar where everyone knows my name. And everyone is glad I came.

ReputationRep:
    Music and gym mainly.

Playing happy songs when I'm down doesn't work however, I need to play mellow songs to bring my mood up. Usually Keane, Coldplay and such like.

ReputationRep:
    Listen or watch anything with Karl Pilkington (An Idiot Abroad) in it. I'm having plenty of rought times at the moment, but thankfully he's still yet to fail to put a smile on my face with his bizarre theories and outlooks on life, he really is one of a kind

Masturbate.

ReputationRep:
    Go for a walk. It always helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    What do you do to make yourself feel better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just think to myself things are in the past now and I can't change them, so why dwell on them. I just try not to think about what's getting me down.

Talking to family helps too.

ReputationRep:
    Bubble bath, junk food and a magazine or chick-lit book.

ReputationRep:
    Food, music, walking, baking, doing work

ReputationRep:
    Put my earphones in and go on a long walk (Usually ending up a supermarket where I buy something to cheer my up, usually nachos).

Or I try dragging someone to the pub

ReputationRep:
    Go for a walk and a have a comforting cuppa with my best friend and vent to him like he's a diary. We're eachother's own personal Agony Aunts .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Thank the Masters of the Universe for providing music. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    What do you do to make yourself feel better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Watch comedies, listen to music.

Works every time.

ReputationRep:
    Listen to music and dance if you wanna :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well if I'm feeling down, I think about the positive aspects of my life and do something I enjoy. I'll also watch a comedy show or two in order to cheer myself up.

I also remind myself that my problems pale in comparison to the problems other people on this world have.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep, read, bake, lay in a hot bath

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Remembering good old memories from my childhood helps me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    1)find out WHY im feeling down and do something about it.If you cant do identify why your feeling down SKIP to step 2,otherwise read on,
    For example: if you got results -and you didnt do as well as you hoped.In fact,you completly messed them up AND its ur second year on college- MAKE SURE YOU REVISE MORE NEXT TIME AND START IMMEDIACTLY.(talking from my experience here)

2)CANT IDENTIFY?TAKE THE FUXK IT APPROACH TRY AND IGNORE THE FACT YOUR FEELING DOWN BY DOING EITHER OF THE FOLLWING FANTABULOUS THINGS :

-BLAST LIVELY MUSIC
    -DANCE TO THE LIVELY MUSIC(LOCK DOORS INCASE UR DAD WALKS IN SO U DNT GET EMBARESSED,again talking from my own experiences)
    -EAT LOTS OF SWEET STUFF TO BOOOOST YOUR SEROTONIN LEVELS(neurotransmitter in the brain)
    -EXCERCISE!EXCERCISE!EXCERCISE!!AS THIS RELEASES ENDORPHINS (YOUR FEEL GOOD HORMONES )
    -FORCE A SMILE: EVEN IF MENTALLY YOUR NOT HAPPY,ITS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN TO ACTUALLY MAKE YOU HAPPIER

aaaaaaaand lastly
    THINK positively?the more determined you are to feel happier the easier it is do do all those things,just saying.

p,s if all else fails;-DO 2 STARJUMPS,ROLE ON THE FLOOR JUMP UP AGAIN AND RUB A BALANCE A MOULDY LETTUCE LEAF ON YOUR HEAD.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOHPAAAAAAAAAAAAAH xoxoxox

ReputationRep:
    eat food and cry it out

ReputationRep:
    Having a laugh with friends usually works

ReputationRep:
    Listen to music

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.