Turn on thread page Beta

Has ne1 started ne revision yet?I think im screwed,i no nutin!

I haven't done any proper revision but I'm not too worried because a lot of the stuff is just common sense with a bit of basic knowledge thrown in.

i know the basic facts! CPT2 is harder than CPT1!

Although, if there is some how do computers save unemployment etc. ill be happy!

ReputationRep:
    What are we talking about here? Computer or ICT? I've got AQA ICT on Thursday, and I'll be studying all day tomorrow, but I'm not really worried, since it's really common sense most of it... like how can computers help in the medical profession? Even if you haven't studied the relevant chapter, you can still probably come up with staff yourself...

Computing A-Level is a joke - 2 coursework mods and the exams are piss easy.

As an A-level student who has an A from 5 modules so far, take it easy clear your head and do the exam slowly and methodically and you wont go wrong.

Btw the best revision for CPT is literally the last hour before the exams when u have a Q & A session with ur mates. it does help to read thru some textbooks especially the good Edexcel one.

peace

Lets hope it all goes smoothly then eh!

Why can't we have a Q&A session on hear..... post a question, next person can answer it and then give out the next question in his post!

Ill start...

Name 3 types of System Software

Spooler

Virus Checker

Utility Programs - Search etc

Whats the difference between a compiler and an interprter???

Hey... what are u people hoping to get. I started revision today and just finished it. I think, its easy. I need OCR Computing pastpapers for 2506. PLZZZ SEND ME SOMehow. i will come back in few hours. Thanks xxxx
    Mali

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Whats the difference between a compiler and an interprter???
    Well, my school aren't going to be offering computing A level next year.... but seeing as no-one else has answered, a compiler converts your code into machine code which can then be run straight off, but interpreter must interpret the code every time the program is run.

Right?

OK here's the next question...

Define and give an example of each of the following,

1) Simplex

2) Half Duplex

3) Full Duplex

ReputationRep:
    1) Simplex- a family of error correcting or error decting.

2) Half Duplex - involving or denoting a connection bewteen two end points either physical or logical which data can travel in both ways

3) Full Duplex -involving or denoting a connection bewteen two end points either physical or logical which data can travel in both ways, simutaeously.

Anyone else gonna set a question???

ReputationRep:
    what is the internet

OCR definition - It is the most commonly available and used WAN currently operational in the world today

What Are The Implications Of Working At Home For The Employee???

ReputationRep:
    A new copy of a sequentially organised master file is made whenever records are added

A program is written to add a single record to this master file. List the processing steps for this program that generate an amended copy of the master file.

<half an A4 page line space>
    (5 marks)

ReputationRep:
    mrmarsupial
    i hear u have the answer paper for cpt2 january 14th 2003?
    any chance u could send it to me tonite???
    [email protected]

I think.....

You would have real-time processing so that the record that are being altered can immediately be updated (Probably used in something like an ATM machine). The creation of a transaction file would help with the adding of a record because it would be seperate from the indexed sequential file thus it would not be processed in real-time because this would be inappropriate. This would mean that a method such as batch processing would be used (In the case of the ATM machine this would be the bank updating its customer details all at once rather than wasting processing time by doing it in real-time). This would be done during slack time in because the customer details would not need entering (using transaction file) and the details are generally consistent data types among each field.

Am I anywhere close, feel free to grade me.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.