Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Films you've walked out on or thought you'd really enjoy Watch

ReputationRep:
    but you didn't and why?

My most recent one would have to be This is 40. Started off okay but I felt it could've been so much better. Wasn't really funny and it was too long. Not one of Apatow's best and it won't be joining my collection, that's for sure.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - i never even ended up watching the whole film.
    Avatar - I still don't see why everyone loved it so much, it was OK but not a great film in my opinion.
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - loved all the original Indiana Jones films, however i thought this one was really really bad. Was very disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    I walked out on The Box.

ReputationRep:
    Where the Wild Things Are

It was one of my favourite books as a kid, then I went to see it with some mates. We ended up taking the piss out of it the whole time, and having a popcorn fight and I don't think that any of us left the cinema knowing what had happened or what was meant to have happened. It was pretty long and completely pointless.

We didn't walk out, but I think everyone else in the cinema did.

ReputationRep:
    Green Lantern.

Need I say more?

ReputationRep:
    Ted.

Someone said it was really funny, so maybe I was just expecting too much.

Edit: Neg and run, cowards

ReputationRep:
    I walked out on Spiderman 3 during the slow-motion emo strut.

ReputationRep:
    The only movie I've ever actually walked out of the cinema on was Epic Movie. It was just so terrible and I think most people agree. What made it worse was that me and my friend were on a double date and we just walked out and left our dates because we couldn't stand the movie a minute longer.

More recently I couldn't finish watching One Day on DVD because Anne Hathaway's 'british' accent drove me nuts. Why on earth did they not just get a British actress?!

ReputationRep:
    I've never walked out of a film. Seems like a pretty idiotic thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    I've never walked out, but boy was I disappointed with Eragon. Now people are put off reading the books because the film is so ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    Ted.

Someone said it was really funny, so maybe I was just expecting too much.
    maybe I am getting old for this kind of humour or what but didn't find Ted enjoyable at all.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, another one I loathed was The Hunger Games. I'd been a fan of the books pretty much since they came out and I was mega hyped for the film, but although I think Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress, I really didn't think she did a good job as Katniss. Nor Josh Hutcherson as Peeta tbh. I think as well, the whole sort of bloodlessness of the film (I think it was to get a 12 rating) kind of ruined it. You need to see that level of violence to understand how terrible it is.

I imagined Katniss as much smaller, like a younger, white version of Maggie Q. I felt as if Jennifer Lawrence couldn't pull off the subtlety required of Katniss. I think because in the book there is so much inner turmoil I expected that to be reflected in her face, but I thought she had one pained expression and just repeated it throughout.

It's weird because I thought she was great as Mystique in X-men: First Class.

I was really disappointed with The Hunger Games film.

It was like that moment that Bellatrix died in the final HP movie and she exploded and it didn't really look quite convincing enough, and a lot of people had issue with it. But with The Hunger Games, I felt as if they'd ruined the whole film from so many angles...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willbee)
    Tbh, another one I loathed was The Hunger Games. I'd been a fan of the books pretty much since they came out and I was mega hyped for the film, but although I think Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress, I really didn't think she did a good job as Katniss. Nor Josh Hutcherson as Peeta tbh. I think as well, the whole sort of bloodlessness of the film (I think it was to get a 12 rating) kind of ruined it. You need to see that level of violence to understand how terrible it is.

I imagined Katniss as much smaller, like a younger, white version of Maggie Q. I felt as if Jennifer Lawrence couldn't pull off the subtlety required of Katniss. I think because in the book there is so much inner turmoil I expected that to be reflected in her face, but I thought she had one pained expression and just repeated it throughout.

It's weird because I thought she was great as Mystique in X-men: First Class.

I was really disappointed with The Hunger Games film.

It was like that moment that Bellatrix died in the final HP movie and she exploded and it didn't really look quite convincing enough, and a lot of people had issue with it. But with The Hunger Games, I felt as if they'd ruined the whole film from so many angles...
    I think there's a more censored version that was put out in cinemas where they cut a lot of the bloodier scenes. Maybe that was just in the US though.

To be honest I didn't find it amazing, but I liked it, and I think that kind of book is very hard to adapt into a kids' film. One thing that irked me though was how the Cornucopia wasn't gold.

ReputationRep:
    Avatar - definitely did not live up to its hype.

ReputationRep:
    I've never walked out of a film before, I would feel like I wasted my money, but I really wanted to when I saw The Dictator, the only reason I didn't was the fact that I went with a bunch of friends. It really isn't my sort of humour.

And I've stopped watching a lot of movies half-way on my laptop, the most recent one being Snow White and the Huntsman, I just found it dead boring tbh, I'm not sure why because things were happening, there was just something quite bland about it. Others are probably Wolverine, Bringing Up Baby, Fun Size, and all of those were movies I quite anticipated (I'm sure there are more but I just can't recall right now).

ReputationRep:
    I walked out on the Tourist. The only factor that kept me still for the first 30 minutes was Angelina Jolie's sexual appeal. I learned, even that has its limits.

ReputationRep:
    Do people seriously walk out on films?

ReputationRep:
    Cosmopolis starring Robert Pattinson. Horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't walk out but fell asleep during The Aviator quite a few years ago now. Def agree with people above on The Tourist and Snow White.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tried to watch Sherlock holmes (the first RDJ one) but after half and hour I was bored stiff

I usually try and watch stuff through to the end just so I can see how bad it actually was.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.