Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Films you've walked out on or thought you'd really enjoy Watch

ReputationRep:
    This may not count, as I watched it at home, but..

that rubbish English film on bbc where the plants eat people, and I saw the very last part where a group of plants walk off into the sunset....wth :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    I've never walked out on a film but I have to admit that Cloud Atlas wasn't the masterpiece I was expecting it to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willbee)
    Tbh, another one I loathed was The Hunger Games. I'd been a fan of the books pretty much since they came out and I was mega hyped for the film, but although I think Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress, I really didn't think she did a good job as Katniss. Nor Josh Hutcherson as Peeta tbh. I think as well, the whole sort of bloodlessness of the film (I think it was to get a 12 rating) kind of ruined it. You need to see that level of violence to understand how terrible it is.

I imagined Katniss as much smaller, like a younger, white version of Maggie Q. I felt as if Jennifer Lawrence couldn't pull off the subtlety required of Katniss. I think because in the book there is so much inner turmoil I expected that to be reflected in her face, but I thought she had one pained expression and just repeated it throughout.

It's weird because I thought she was great as Mystique in X-men: First Class.

I was really disappointed with The Hunger Games film.

It was like that moment that Bellatrix died in the final HP movie and she exploded and it didn't really look quite convincing enough, and a lot of people had issue with it. But with The Hunger Games, I felt as if they'd ruined the whole film from so many angles...
    I agree with this soo muchh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    I walked out on Spiderman 3 during the slow-motion emo strut.
    You missed the best bit
    Though it is a truely aweful film considering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    This may not count, as I watched it at home, but..

that rubbish English film on bbc where the plants eat people, and I saw the very last part where a group of plants walk off into the sunset....wth :wtf:
    Was it by any chance "Day of the Triffids"?

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine walked out of Troy. She was a classics student and found it too historically inaccurate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Was it by any chance "Day of the Triffids"?
    :eek: omg YESSS!!!

It's so crap, my mind refuses to remember the name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    I think there's a more censored version that was put out in cinemas where they cut a lot of the bloodier scenes. Maybe that was just in the US though.

To be honest I didn't find it amazing, but I liked it, and I think that kind of book is very hard to adapt into a kids' film. One thing that irked me though was how the Cornucopia wasn't gold.
    I was annoyed that they missed out tiny details that were still really important to the political agenda like the avoxes, katniss mentioned her and gale having their tongues cut out at the start but only people who read the book would get the reference..

the cornucopia was not how i imagined it and i wish they had shown more of katniss's make up team, they just showed a couple robotic people with funky make up, they're meant to be like excitable pets! good intentions, blissfully unaware and oblivious...

Although, as far as book to film adaptions go, it was pretty damn good, could've included so much more with just an extra half an hour and a higher rating... im still in love with the first film, cant wait for catching fire.

ReputationRep:
    Made of Honour (can't remeber if that is how it was spelt- there was some word play...)

I didn't walk out but when I went to the toilet, I was in no hurry to return to the screen. I just didn't find it that funny or engaging...

ReputationRep:
    The Box was terrible, I was really disappointed x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Slum dog millionaire.

I watched it after the major hype it generated. Huge letdown in my opinion and seemed to drag on for ages. But then again, I know nothing about Bollywood films.

ReputationRep:
    Killer Elite- Statham, De Niro... I found it really boring...and extremely hyped... I actually fell asleep half an hour into the movie...

ReputationRep:
    I honestly thought the "hunger games " could have been so much more left out so much of the book , which always annoys me.

Really want to see Perks of being a wallflower does anyone know if that is any good ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemiMarcelle)
    I agree with this soo muchh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely annoyed me do much!

ReputationRep:
    Bridesmaids! Thought it was overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've ever walked out of a film. With some films, I've sat there and thought that if the film doesn't get better, I'll go; but have never actually walked out of a film yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    I've never walked out of a film. Seems like a pretty idiotic thing to do.
    Yeah. If its boring just sit a the back and entertain yourself by flicking unpopped popcorn kernals at people.

ReputationRep:
    The Five Year Engagement was more like a coma - comedies should be shorter than 2 hours because the jokes end up becoming few and far between.
    The Tree of Life I almost saw in the cinemas but my mum bought it on DVD. I thought it would be really cool but was ended up being a pseudo-philosophical mess.

Others include: The Hunger Games, Iron Man 2, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Mission Impossible 2 and Zodiac (and I love RDJ so much )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEarlMarshal)
    Cosmopolis starring Robert Pattinson. Horrible.
    Felt like walking out of my house when I watched that on my laptop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan1234567)
    I honestly thought the "hunger games " could have been so much more left out so much of the book , which always annoys me.

Really want to see Perks of being a wallflower does anyone know if that is any good ?
    I thought is was pretty good, better than I expected. It stays pretty true to the book too, although it does omit a few things, but don't they always!

It's definitely worth a watch

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.