Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

He wants to do it without protection Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Both my cousins were conceived on the pill even though the pill was taken properly. It's not 100% so you have to be prepared for what you'd do if you became pregnant. It's only a slim risk but a risk you will be taking. Could you afford a baby? Would your boyfriend stick by you? Are you prepared for consequences? Would your family be happy about it?
    This might be controversial but the odds of having two kids on the pill are slim, might be a bit more to this story...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    She's obviously cautious. A lot of girls are overly paranoid about getting pregnant, I'm one of them, but that just means we're careful.

But at the end of the day, the pill is a method of contraception. This is what it is for.
    I am lost now. Do you mean she wants to have sex with no protection or just not condoms?
    Surely not Russian roulette sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CRIKEY12)
    I am lost now. Do you mean she wants to have sex with no protection or just not condoms?
    Surely not Russian roulette sex?
    She wants to have sex without condoms, on the pill. Thus far she has been having sex both on the pill and with condoms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    She wants to have sex without condoms, on the pill. Thus far she has been having sex both on the pill and with condoms.
    Phew! OK so really she is just looking for others experience?
    With a clean reliable long term partner why worry. Unless there is doubt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CRIKEY12)
    Phew! OK so really she is just looking for others experience?
    With a clean reliable long term partner why worry. Unless there is doubt?
    She's asking how safe it is to have sex on the pill, as in, how effective it really is, so yes.
    As I said, cautious. Funnily enough I used to worry a lot more when I was using condoms, and don't stress as much about getting pregnant now that I am on the pill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Both my cousins were conceived on the pill even though the pill was taken properly. It's not 100% so you have to be prepared for what you'd do if you became pregnant. It's only a slim risk but a risk you will be taking. Could you afford a baby? Would your boyfriend stick by you? Are you prepared for consequences? Would your family be happy about it?
    Condoms aren't 100% safe...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well he's a f******* moron then

ReputationRep:
    I mean sure it's safe, but if you're apprehensive about doing it without him wearing protection then don't do it! It's your decision too. Don't not wear protection just because he wants it that way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    Sorry but what is the actual point of being on the pill if you are in a stable relationship, and using condoms as well? It defeats the purpose. Nothing is 100% but the pill is pretty damn near it if you take your pills right and back it up with condoms should you have an illness or be on additional medications that negate its affects.
    Find it pretty weird that you're a girl and I'm a guy but fine, I'll answer this just to point out I've listened to my ex girlfriends.

The pill is often not really linked to sexual intercourse. Its conception (lol) and often employment today is as a tool to help with problems pertaining to sporadic or particularly heavy periods. A girl on the pill isn't necessarily sexually active.

Can also help with hormonal stuff too (although the converse is frequently the case, I've discovered).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)
    Find it pretty weird that you're a girl and I'm a guy but fine, I'll answer this just to point out I've listened to my ex girlfriends.

The pill is often not really linked to sexual intercourse. Its conception (lol) and often employment today is as a tool to help with problems pertaining to sporadic or particularly heavy periods. A girl on the pill isn't necessarily sexually active.

Can also help with hormonal stuff too (although the converse is frequently the case, I've discovered).
    Bananaslug just wanted to imply that the op does not need a condom if she is on the pill. That is all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)

Yeah, I think I posted again earlier that it was problems with periods that I initially started the pill in the first place - but if both parties are clean STI-wise I don't see any reason to keep making the guy wear a condom... To each their own but I don't think I will ever understand the reasoning haha.

There was a situation with one of my friends when his girlfriend was making him feel bad just because he asked if they could stop using condoms (they'd been having sex for more than a year and he'd never slept with her without a condom) because she was already on the pill. She was just overly paranoid I guess. We (me and his other friends) told him he shouldn't a) be suffering because she is paranoid, otherwise she may as well not be on the pill and b) she shouldn't make him feel bad for wanting to have sex without a condom on.

I don't think it was the deal-breaker but needless to say they're no longer together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yennibubs)
    Bananaslug just wanted to imply that the op does not need a condom if she is on the pill. That is all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers haha.

As long as you take your pills right - I mean exactly as the instructions say - and use condoms for the 7 days following any mistakes such as a missed or delayed pill, an illness like food poisoning or anything else that may negate it's efficacy (such as certain antibiotics), then there is an extremely slim chance you will get pregnant.

The pill is great for loads of things other than sex, definitely. You can run packs together (up to 3 or 4 consecutively depending on the brand) so you only have your period 3 or 4 times a year, you can use it to help with acne, cycle problems... loads of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yennibubs)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah okay, I kinda just fancied the opportunity to point out I know about things, ken?

I'd agree with what most say here. If you're happy he's not going to cheat, if you've been tested, there is almost no chance whatsoever of an STI. Therefore if the question is one of conception, unsheathe. You'll be fine. I realise people have been saying that you can get pregnant on the pill. I have to say, the story about having 2 children conceived when on the pill is remarkable if true but shouldn't be regarded as indicative of a wider trend of probability. The condom isn't 100% safe, nor is anything. I have no knowledge of anybody getting pregnant on the pill. You'll be fine.

It's also worth pointing out that sex without condoms is more enjoyable for both participants.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Yeah I know just saying that nothing is 100% unfortunately. When I was still on the pill I used condoms alongside it because I just didn't trust it cos too many people I know fell pregnant on it
    Same as me I get super paranoid

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.