Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Tips against cold Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a cold (again!) and it's extremely frustrating. I have job interviews coming up, I am even trying to reschedule one for tomorrow as it's so early and I know I feel like **** when I wake up.
    I have taken painkillers against my headaches, I take vitamins (even though i know they don't help much once the cold has struck). I took some Nytol a couple of days ago and a long night's sleep helped, but last night I had a bad night again and barely slept. I try to eat right, stay warm etc..

What are your BEST tips against a cold?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    I have a cold (again!) and it's extremely frustrating. I have job interviews coming up, I am even trying to reschedule one for tomorrow as it's so early and I know I feel like **** when I wake up.
    I have taken painkillers against my headaches, I take vitamins (even though i know they don't help much once the cold has struck). I took some Nytol a couple of days ago and a long night's sleep helped, but last night I had a bad night again and barely slept. I try to eat right, stay warm etc..

What are your BEST tips against a cold?
    Take a multivitamin daily to help boost your immune system and prevent them
    Hot Toddy to help you sleep (lemon and honey with Whiskey - or any alcoholic drink that makes you sleepy. Alcohol is generally not ideal to get you to sleep but when you are ill and its hard to drop off it helps.

As for when it strikes, plenty of hot fluids, hot baths and painkillers/lemsip and energy drinks for when you can't avoid doing stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Vitamin c and zinc help me stave off a cold. Also try vick's first defence or the boots equivalent which is cheaper, I swear by it! Take it during a cold to help make it go away quicker and after you've had your cold to stop you from getting another one, or of you are in contact with people who are ill and you might catch it. It works really well for me personally!

Also of course plenty of fresh fruit and vege.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey dude don't take too many tablets as tablets will lessen your immune system.
    For cold we have to treat it naturally take a boiled egg while going to bed without water...drink warm water when you woke in the morning and take honey with lemon juice..then see the effect.

ReputationRep:
    There is no quick treatment of cold. It takes time mostly 3 to 4 days. Drinking plenty of water and juice can help in relieving cold.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.