Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Ugly people and relationships Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlatan?)
    This applies to average-looking people. One person's 4/10 is another's 5.5-6/10.

I'm talking about extreme cases.

Consider this one for example: ?https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...G&ved=0CCgQwg4

Do you seriously believe that they can be sexually attracted to each other?
    Ohhhhh!
    Well i suppose so.
    If he loves her personality, it would show through, i guess.
    It looks like she has some sort of problem anyway, but it doesn't matter what the person looks like. If someone thinks someone is beautiful then yes, it is possible that they can sexually be attracted to each other even if they aren't the most attractive person on this planet. :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woolass)
    Sure enough, but I'd seriously worry about someone who openly says they're ugly in front of the entire Internet... Mind you, there seems to be loads of actors who respond to casting calls for "ugly" characters - never understood that

Anyway, I think that these people get together because they've both been outcast by society and there's a connection there that overcomes (or creates) physical attraction

*not that I agree with the concept of "ugly"*
    I'm ugly.

/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    I'm ugly.
    Lol good for you - should have expected someone to do that

ReputationRep:
    I'm ugly.

/
    When you see this are you revolted?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...G&ved=0CCgQwg4

Maybe if people self-depreciate them selves to such an extent that they enjoy being ugly and being with ugly people they'll enjoy it - then again they should enjoy it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlatan?)
    When you see this are you revolted?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...G&ved=0CCgQwg4
    no because I'm not shallow like you.

I'd class myself as ugly and when I first met my current partner I thought he was ugly too. We became friends and after a while he started being flirty with me, though I just ignored it as I wasn't attracted to him and only liked him as a friend. I found as time passed though that I did start to become attracted to him. It started when I was drunk on a night out and we were sat next to each other, I leant onto him as the room was spinning a bit and he held me, it felt quite nice. Then another time he had his top off as he was so warm and I noticed he had a very hairy chest/back, which I love on a man. I also noticed he was big boned rather than fat, as in he had broad shoulders and the fat was just a bit on his stomach to be in proportion with the rest of his body rather than him being fat all over or having fat rolls or anything. From that point I was a bit confused over whether I liked him in that way or not, and the more I kept thinking about whether I did or not the more I found myself thinking he was attractive. As I was confused I let him cuddle me on nights out etc as I didn't want to reject him to find out I did like him but he'd found someone else. The more we did that the more I liked him. Eventually it got to the point where I didn't think he was ugly anymore and that's when I let him kiss me.

So as others have said it's probably finding things in them that are attractive, which makes them seem more attractive overall until you get to a point where you don't find them ugly at all anymore. Looking at my ex's now I think they are ugly too, but at the time I found them attractive. Maybe liking their personality made me view their appearance in rose-tinted glasses or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'd class myself as ugly and when I first met my current partner I thought he was ugly too. We became friends and after a while he started being flirty with me, though I just ignored it as I wasn't attracted to him and only liked him as a friend. I found as time passed though that I did start to become attracted to him. It started when I was drunk on a night out and we were sat next to each other, I leant onto him as the room was spinning a bit and he held me, it felt quite nice. Then another time he had his top off as he was so warm and I noticed he had a very hairy chest/back, which I love on a man. I also noticed he was big boned rather than fat, as in he had broad shoulders and the fat was just a bit on his stomach to be in proportion with the rest of his body rather than him being fat all over or having fat rolls or anything. From that point I was a bit confused over whether I liked him in that way or not, and the more I kept thinking about whether I did or not the more I found myself thinking he was attractive. As I was confused I let him cuddle me on nights out etc as I didn't want to reject him to find out I did like him but he'd found someone else. The more we did that the more I liked him. Eventually it got to the point where I didn't think he was ugly anymore and that's when I let him kiss me.

So as others have said it's probably finding things in them that are attractive, which makes them seem more attractive overall until you get to a point where you don't find them ugly at all anymore. Looking at my ex's now I think they are ugly too, but at the time I found them attractive. Maybe liking their personality made me view their appearance in rose-tinted glasses or something?
    Very good insight, thank you. Maybe a bit too much detail though

ReputationRep:
    Try typing in Ugly people into Google images I agree personality is VERY important but ugliness is hard to look at.
    I don't mind ugly people who have faces that you can look at. They must have confidence in themselves and take care of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ugly.

/
    some people don't care what the society thinks as long as they know what beauty is supposed to look like, honesty and being true to yourself is not ugly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    some people don't care what the society thinks as long as they know what beauty is supposed to look like, honesty and being true to yourself is not ugly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ??

I'm ugly by anyone's standards. Except my mum's.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find myself very attractive but I get these weird stares and stupid comments from boys even from the supposedly good looking ones. I just don't get how their minds work, when there are so many attractive girls around atleast let the less attractive ones be!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    I don't find myself very attractive but I get these weird stares and stupid comments from boys even from the supposedly good looking ones. I just don't get how their minds work, when there are so many attractive girls around atleast let the less attractive ones be!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got that a lot as a teenager, from boys and girls. One complete stranger came up to me on the street one day and said "you're ugly" and walked away :nothing:

Boys are just mean and like comparing girls to each other.

ReputationRep:
    There are more reasons for relationships than looks. The person could have a wonderful personality, be a really great conversationist or have a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    I got that a lot as a teenager, from boys and girls. One complete stranger came up to me on the street one day and said "you're ugly" and walked away :nothing:

Boys are just mean and like comparing girls to each other.
    Wtf? That's so horrible, but people make absolutely no sense. My friend is absolutely gorgeous but we were in a chicken shop once (being classy ladies of course) and this rude kid walked up to her like 'wagwan ugly' he was about 12 and going bald...so she took it pretty hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerahumu)
    There are more reasons for relationships than looks. The person could have a wonderful personality, be a really great conversationist or have a lot of money.
    The title should be 'Ugly People and Sexual Relationships'

ReputationRep:
    ??

I'm ugly by anyone's standards. Except my mum's.
    you rate yourself on others standards? you need to find beauty in yourself even if its a single strand of hair, I'm sure you've got loads of hair

[SIZE=1][URL='http://www.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Wtf? That's so horrible, but people make absolutely no sense. My friend is absolutely gorgeous but we were in a chicken shop once (being classy ladies of course) and this rude kid walked up to her like 'wagwan ugly' he was about 12 and going bald...so she took it pretty hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol i used to go out with a friend who was way prettier than i am and she always used to get chatted up by men, who were in turn incredibly rude to me, as though I was the one intruding on their outing. one of them even said "your friend's very pretty isn't she?". Very inconsiderate but that's just how men are.

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious OP??

And why do you talk about ugly as if they're another species?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.