The Student Room Group

Is it possible to retake an exam if your school no longer offers the course?

Hello. I failed one subject at GCSE, which was short course RS, offered by Edexcel. Don't ask how I got a D, I honestly don't know :smile:. However, my school no longer does short course RS, and I don't know how to retake it. Is it possible to resist the exam externally, and if so, how? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Enthusiastic A
Hello. I failed one subject at GCSE, which was short course RS, offered by Edexcel. Don't ask how I got a D, I honestly don't know :smile:. However, my school no longer does short course RS, and I don't know how to retake it. Is it possible to resist the exam externally, and if so, how? Thank you.

Even if your school does not teach it there is nothing to stop them letting you take the exam - talk to the exams officer asap as the deadline for summer entries is fast approaching. You may need to pay, it will be at least £20. If they won't let you re-sit it there then any other centre could accept you as a private candidate. This is likely to be considerably more expensive. Look at Edexcel's advice: http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/private-candidates/Pages/default.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest