Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I've just received an offer from the Goldsmiths College, University of London.
    My firm choice will be Cardiff university but I have to choose an insurance choice and I can't decide between Oxford Brookes and Goldsmiths College.
    I'm going to study Politics. In your opinion, which one should I choose?
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Goldsmiths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocoflow)
    Goldsmiths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Why do you think that goldsmiths is better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The facilities are good, accommodation is good, the campus seems nice and you can benefit from having studied in a city like London

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14thoctober)
    Basically, I've just received an offer from the Goldsmiths College, University of London.
    My firm choice will be Cardiff university but I have to choose an insurance choice and I can't decide between Oxford Brookes and Goldsmiths College.
    I'm going to study Politics. In your opinion, which one should I choose?
    Thank you!
    Have you visited both universities?
    #
    Goldsmiths and Oxford Brookes are very different locations and will offer a very different experience. I live very near to Goldsmiths in London and as it's a city location some people love it and other will hate it then with Oxford Brookes it's the same thing - some people would hate a campus location whereas others love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    Have you visited both universities?
    #
    Goldsmiths and Oxford Brookes are very different locations and will offer a very different experience. I live very near to Goldsmiths in London and as it's a city location some people love it and other will hate it then with Oxford Brookes it's the same thing - some people would hate a campus location whereas others love it.
    Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to visit the universities because I come from Italy! But two I visited both London and Oxford and I prefer London!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14thoctober)
    Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to visit the universities because I come from Italy! But two I visited both London and Oxford and I prefer London!
    100 euros would get you a return flight to London and you could visit both places in one day if you were really really organised. Even though you're in Italy I'd strongly recommend that anyone in the EU came to visit given how cheap flights are now meaning it's often cheaper to get from Europe than it is within the UK where you're looking at £50 or more for a 2 hour train journey. You'll be spending around £50,000 on this university decision so it's likely that 100e is probably a good investment in the long term.

If you've been to both Oxford and London (bare in mind that Brookes isn't in central Oxford and isn't the traditional tourist Oxford) and prefer London, then this is probably where you should put as your insurance. However, keep in mind that living costs will be a lot more in London than Oxford. I live 2 stops from Goldsmiths and pay about £650 a month including bills which is relatively cheap for the area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    100 euros would get you a return flight to London and you could visit both places in one day if you were really really organised. Even though you're in Italy I'd strongly recommend that anyone in the EU came to visit given how cheap flights are now meaning it's often cheaper to get from Europe than it is within the UK where you're looking at £50 or more for a 2 hour train journey. You'll be spending around £50,000 on this university decision so it's likely that 100e is probably a good investment in the long term.

If you've been to both Oxford and London (bare in mind that Brookes isn't in central Oxford and isn't the traditional tourist Oxford) and prefer London, then this is probably where you should put as your insurance. However, keep in mind that living costs will be a lot more in London than Oxford. I live 2 stops from Goldsmiths and pay about £650 a month including bills which is relatively cheap for the area.
    The problem is that in three months I'll have my final exams and I can't skip school! I have school from Monday to Saturday and usually on Sunday I have to study because on Monday I usually have class tests!

Anyway, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.