Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I need to normalise this data for this database I am building. It is going to show the results of games as well as other stats which you'll see below.

I have been through countless tutorials on how to normalise databases. So please don't give me any links to 'useful' pages or videos. I've been through many of them, but I am still struggling with how I should state my 1NF/2NF/3NF.

ReputationRep:
    You might find you get more useful responses if you present your databases in the form of an entity relationship diagram or database schema because, right now, it is impossible to deduce the structure of your databases from the information in your post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    You might find you get more useful responses if you present your databases in the form of an entity relationship diagram or database schema because, right now, it is impossible to deduce the structure of your databases from the information in your post.
    This suggestion is not useful. It would however be useful if you could identify possible keys. Then write down functional dependencies. Normalization is determined y studying functional dependencies. If you have an ERD the best you can do is use some ad-hoc rules. I do remember teaching this at the Digital Equipment Corporation.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.