Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Who has made the most threads on TSR? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know who has made the most threads. I've made 511 over two accounts from 2008. I'd like to see who has done more than this.

Anyone know?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    I'd like to know who has made the most threads. I've made 511 over two accounts from 2008. I'd like to see who has done more than this.

Anyone know?
    I don't think that there's any easy way to determine this, unfortunately. :no: Stats on the number of threads posted aren't stored with a member's profile in the way that posts are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I don't think that there's any easy way to determine this, unfortunately. :no: Stats on the number of threads posted aren't stored with a member's profile in the way that posts are.
    There is a way though, because the data is here. It's just spread in inconvenient places. When you view a person's thread history it says "Showing 1 to 25 of X" where X is your total number of threads. If someone was to write a program to scrape this and iterate through every user then it's perfectly possible Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge for this wish I did...

ReputationRep:
    There is a way though, because the data is here. It's just spread in inconvenient places. When you view a person's thread history it says "Showing 1 to 25 of X" where X is your total number of threads. If someone was to write a program to scrape this and iterate through every user then it's perfectly possible Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge for this wish I did...
    He didn't say it wasn't possible, he said there wasn't an easy way to do it There's nothing built in to vBulletin to automatically do what you're after. Also, any numbers you came up with wouldn't always be 100% reliable, for example if threads were split you could become the OP of a thread somewhere even if that post was originally made in reply to something. There's a couple of other little anomalies like that.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Just as a side note, the use of automated scripts like that isn't something that admin would permit. :no:

ReputationRep:

Anyone know?
    Apparently I've made 1220 threads. Most of which was no doubt in my capacity as SG of the MUN.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Anonymous has made over 120,000 threads in its lifetime, putting it several leagues above anyone else. We also have about 7,000 threads that don't have an original poster set (bah, bad data), and the old "Have Your Say" bot (anyone remember that?) trails behind these two with around 1,700 threads to its name.

If you exclude bots and just look at human accounts, the top thread poster is an account that left the site several years ago. That member is being caught up steadily by some of our most active subscribers though, so we may have a new champion one day soon. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Anonymous has made over 120,000 threads in its lifetime, putting it several leagues above anyone else. We also have about 7,000 threads that don't have an original poster set (bah, bad data), and the old "Have Your Say" bot (anyone remember that?) trails behind these two with around 1,700 threads to its name.

If you exclude bots and just look at human accounts, the top thread poster is an account that left the site several years ago. That member is being caught up steadily by some of our most active subscribers though, so we may have a new champion one day soon. :ninja:
    where do you get this info from or do you visit individual profiles?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    where do you get this info from or do you visit individual profiles?
    Just querying our reporting database. The info isn't accessible on the site anywhere to my knowledge, apart from trawling through user profiles or search pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Just querying our reporting database. The info isn't accessible on the site anywhere to my knowledge, apart from trawling through user profiles or search pages.
    I could have so much fun with that! :ninja: Where do I apply? :ninja:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I could have so much fun with that! :ninja: Where do I apply? :ninja:
    I'll let you know if we get an opening for "Database Monkey". :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    I'll let you know if we get an opening for "Database Monkey". :p:
    YES! :yep:

I like being a database monkey! It's fun!

ReputationRep:
    Who the hell has two accounts?! :s

ReputationRep:
    I win this one, easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    Who the hell has two accounts?! :s
    People who were at some time ashamed of what they used to write :sad:

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.