Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

why do some people choose boring childhood studies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I mean I understand those who have a profound interest in it and are doing it because they want to but can someone explain to me why some people who are not sure....go for childhood studies?? :confused:

i have also noticed this a lot with my asian friends!! I mean is there a fool proof career at the end of it? am i just missing something obvious?

because to me it sounds rather boring especially when you have so much other variety ...and also when people choose it 'just because'

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Ask your Asian friends about their future ambitions with childhood studies?

ReputationRep:
    because their parents want them to do it as they will have kids someday

ReputationRep:
    i have asked them and they don't really seem to have an answer and most of them are allowed to study whatever they want ....it just seems like such a waste of talent

ReputationRep:
    It's a degree which branches into so many different career options. How insulting do you have to sound?

ReputationRep:
    some people choose it because they think it will be easier than other subjects
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugococo523)
    It's a degree which branches into so many different career options. How insulting do you have to sound?
    Exactly!

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_c...od_studies.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugococo523)
    I'm sorry if my post sounded insluting! :sad: I was just curious and I was by no means putting thoes down who wanted to do the degree and had aspirations for it.

Education is a privalige and I had to fight for mine and it would just make me a tiny bit angry when I would hear some people give this reason:

'i'm only doing it for my parents, after that I'm just going to sit at home and be a housewife'

That reason sounds really lazy to me and feels like a waste of an oppertunity.

I am sorry if I offended some people!

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking into working with Children & Young People. This is because I have been involved in some really amazing charities who have helped me overcome really dark and difficult times, they've helped me grow in confidence and given me so many life experiences not many other people can say they have, for example, being involved in a disadvantaged young people charity I learnt of numerous other projects in youth work so I took them up and because of them I have worked in London on the Childrens Rights Alliance for England panel and I have spoken in the Houses of Commons on numerous occassions about issues I feel extremely passionate about.

I am in the process of starting voluntary work working with Children, Young People and adults who've been victims of rape and/or sexual abuse too.

Working with children and young people (mainly young people) is something I aspire to do purely based on my experiences of being part of amazing charities and youth work providers. I want to give something back to the community and help some of the most vulnerable people out there realise life isn't all that bad and they can achieve something to be so incredibly proud of.

There are numerous career options to go into with this sector too, the possiblites really are endless - just like many other degrees and careers.

ReputationRep:
    Just remember what you find boring might be someone elses fun, world doesnt evolve around your view and your view alone sunshine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.