Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm moving to Swansea later this year to study at the Art and Design campus, as I will be studying Digital Film and Television Production.

It's a long way from home!

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous! It's going to be a big step leaving family, friends and life at home behind!

I'm thinking of applying for Townhill Halls when the time comes. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat??!

I'm extremely excited though, can't wait to make a new start!

ReputationRep:
    Just bare in mind that the Art and Design campus (Dynevor) isn't that near to Townhill.

http://www.smu.ac.uk/images/stories/...27%20march.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCLeblanc)
    Just bare in mind that the Art and Design campus (Dynevor) isn't that near to Townhill.

http://www.smu.ac.uk/images/stories/...r 27 march.pdf
    Isn't it like a 15-20minute walk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDebaserx)
    Isn't it like a 15-20minute walk?
    I would say it's a bit more then that. I've just bunged it into google maps and it's says it's about a mile and a half and will take about half an hour.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=...p=1&sz=16&z=16

EDIT: That said plenty I'm sure plenty of people do live at Townhill Halls and then walk to the other campuses.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm applying for town hill halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving to Swansea too!
    Got an unconditional for Photography and I'm applying to Townhill aswell! When I went to the open day they said that Townhill is a quite far away from the Art & Design building but there's always buses running back and forth so I wouldn't worry too much (apparently the hill up to Townhill is ridiculous so I won't be risking going up that hahah)

Exciting!

(Original post by danielaandrea)
    I'm moving to Swansea too!
    Got an unconditional for Photography and I'm applying to Townhill aswell! When I went to the open day they said that Townhill is a quite far away from the Art & Design building but there's always buses running back and forth so I wouldn't worry too much (apparently the hill up to Townhill is ridiculous so I won't be risking going up that hahah)

Exciting!
    The buses in Swansea will run you up a debt faster than your student loans, the hill isn't that bad, people over exaggerate. Townhill halls is a pretty far place for Dynevor, had a few people on my course in Townhill halls at Mt. Pleasant campus.. Lets say they ended up dropping out because they couldn't afford to come to University everyday and ended up falling behind, all because they wouldn't walk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicky Thomas)
    The buses in Swansea will run you up a debt faster than your student loans, the hill isn't that bad, people over exaggerate. Townhill halls is a pretty far place for Dynevor, had a few people on my course in Townhill halls at Mt. Pleasant campus.. Lets say they ended up dropping out because they couldn't afford to come to University everyday and ended up falling behind, all because they wouldn't walk.
    Ah ok haha! I'm gonna have to see how steep this hill is!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, from the art and design campus, how far is the walk to Townhill? Are there any people who have actually done it themselves? I need to know asap to make my decision! I can handle a 20-30minute walk to uni in the mornings no problem...it's a good way to keep healthy!

(Original post by xDebaserx)
    Guys, from the art and design campus, how far is the walk to Townhill? Are there any people who have actually done it themselves? I need to know asap to make my decision! I can handle a 20-30minute walk to uni in the mornings no problem...it's a good way to keep healthy!
    30 minute walk depending how energetic you are on a hill.

Last time I done that walk must of been about 20 minutes though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicky Thomas)
    30 minute walk depending how energetic you are on a hill.

Last time I done that walk must of been about 20 minutes though
    Thankyou Nikki.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've got an conditional for photography and hoping to start in september

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I just got my acceptance for Swansea Met for Digital Film and Television Production.. really excited but also nervous! Anybody else on this course?! I'm thinking of staying in the Mount Pleasant halls purely because its like a 60 second walk from the Dynevor Campus but theres not many rooms there so will probably end up in Town Hill halls haha!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in september studying digital film and television production. I'm from and live in swansea so if anyone needs a guide don't hesitate to ask

ReputationRep:
    I am starting in Swansea met. Moving over from Ireland really looking forward to it now>

ReputationRep:
    What will you be studying John?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.