Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

We all want to be happy Watch

ReputationRep:
    In this world, we all human beings live to keep ourselves happy.. thats what i think.
    I mena for example : We study because we want good grades so tht we can have a good life in future and make everyone proud of us which will eventually lead to OUR own happiness.. Dont u think we all humans are selfish? I mean when someone dies we dont cry because tht person died but because we fear tht we will not be happy anymore without tht specific person.
    Now some of you might say that some people do sacrifice their wishes and other stuff for other people so that the other person is happy....for example if we are in a relationship...we love tht person to such an extent tht we are ready to sacrifice anything for him or her... be it from our money to our time..
    but thts also bczo it eventually leads to our own happiness.. I mean if we sacrifice , ppl we love would be happy..and if they're happy wed be happy...
    or no? :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsismylife)
    In this world, we all human beings live to keep ourselves happy.. thats what i think.
    I mena for example : We study because we want good grades so tht we can have a good life in future and make everyone proud of us which will eventually lead to OUR own happiness.. Dont u think we all humans are selfish? I mean when someone dies we dont cry because tht person died but because we fear tht we will not be happy anymore without tht specific person.
    Now some of you might say that some people do sacrifice their wishes and other stuff for other people so that the other person is happy....for example if we are in a relationship...we love tht person to such an extent tht we are ready to sacrifice anything for him or her... be it from our money to our time..
    but thts also bczo it eventually leads to our own happiness.. I mean if we sacrifice , ppl we love would be happy..and if they're happy wed be happy...
    or no? :confused::confused:
    Are you trying to say... "all love is selfish"?

If it gives you a good feeling to be good to others - does it matter? Nature obviously programmed us to feel good about being altruistic. That doesn't make it a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Are you trying to say... "all love is selfish"?

If it gives you a good feeling to be good to others - does it matter? Nature obviously programmed us to feel good about being altruistic. That doesn't make it a bad thing.
    No...i dont know whether this is a bad thing... im just confused.. i mean if we do everything for the sake of our own happiness then whats true love?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.