Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I have decided that I want to go into medicine and to do this I need a level sciences (biology and chemistry) which I'm not doing at the moment so I was wondering if its possible to carry on with 2 of my current as subjects into a2 and pick up biology and chemistry (do them in 2 years) so all together I will stay in college for 3 years. Will universities consider this? Will it seem like I'm re-sitting?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkmama)
    So I have decided that I want to go into medicine and to do this I need a level sciences (biology and chemistry) which I'm not doing at the moment so I was wondering if its possible to carry on with 2 of my current as subjects into a2 and pick up biology and chemistry (do them in 2 years) so all together I will stay in college for 3 years. Will universities consider this? Will it seem like I'm re-sitting?
    Many medical schools only consider a levels sat within 2 years. Its is possible to apply to a foundation course in medicine instead though, depending on your A levels. Cant link you as Im on the TSR app atm but its worth taking a look at the medicine wiki in our "award winning" medicine forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Many medical schools only consider a levels sat within 2 years. Its is possible to apply to a foundation course in medicine instead though, depending on your A levels. Cant link you as Im on the TSR app atm but its worth taking a look at the medicine wiki in our "award winning" medicine forum.

Ok, but do foundation courses have the same credit as normal degrees?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkmama)
    Ok, but do foundation courses have the same credit as normal degrees?
    Its just an additional year at the beginning of the normal medicine course to teach you basic sciences etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Its just an additional year at the beginning of the normal medicine course to teach you basic sciences etc.
    Ok thankyou

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.