Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So today I attended an interview at Leeds Uni for PGCE Chemistry. Upon finishing the interview session and handing in the required work I was told that "they'd already made a decision" and that I would be receiving a "positive response" and they'd "see me in September", basically in no uncertain terms I was told I'd be receiving an offer.

After excitedly telling friends and family the good news I then went about my day. 30 minutes ago I received an email from the GTTR notifying me of a change to my track status and was dismayed to find my application to Leeds listed as 'Unsuccessful - no decision received'. I have obviously emailed the appropriate people at Leeds in panic, but was just wondering if anyone else knew what this meant?

I am aware that the GTTR will automatically reject your application if a response is not sent by the University after a set amount of time, although considering my interview was today I doubt that is the case. Otherwise, if I have been rejected outright, this is incredibly bad form on Leeds behalf.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spookus)
    So today I attended an interview at Leeds Uni for PGCE Chemistry. Upon finishing the interview session and handing in the required work I was told that "they'd already made a decision" and that I would be receiving a "positive response" and they'd "see me in September", basically in no uncertain terms I was told I'd be receiving an offer.

After excitedly telling friends and family the good news I then went about my day. 30 minutes ago I received an email from the GTTR notifying me of a change to my track status and was dismayed to find my application to Leeds listed as 'Unsuccessful - no decision received'. I have obviously emailed the appropriate people at Leeds in panic, but was just wondering if anyone else knew what this meant?

I am aware that the GTTR will automatically reject your application if a response is not sent by the University after a set amount of time, although considering my interview was today I doubt that is the case. Otherwise, if I have been rejected outright, this is incredibly bad form on Leeds behalf.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Ring Leeds, don't email it will take too long. It looks like they've exceeded the 28 day limit that GTTR give them to give a response.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Shelly_x
    A similar thing happened to me. I received a "decline" from GTTR and told all my family and friends and of course was extremely disappointed only to receive a phone call two days later offering me a place! The university had just missed the deadline for GTTR so I had to ring GTTR and ask them to re-open my application so the university could send a reply via GTTR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0325)
    I agree with Shelly_x
    A similar thing happened to me. I received a "decline" from GTTR and told all my family and friends and of course was extremely disappointed only to receive a phone call two days later offering me a place! The university had just missed the deadline for GTTR so I had to ring GTTR and ask them to re-open my application so the university could send a reply via GTTR.
    Ellie, did you already have an interview with them prior to GTTR changing your application status?

I too, have just received a "unsuccessful - no decision received" on GTTR as today is the 28 day mark (I wasn't really expecting an offer on a Sunday lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Book_Star)
    Ellie, did you already have an interview with them prior to GTTR changing your application status?

I too, have just received a "unsuccessful - no decision received" on GTTR as today is the 28 day mark (I wasn't really expecting an offer on a Sunday lol)
    GTTR will change it regardless of whether you have an interview or not. Ring them and ask if they can send it back.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.