Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I did 1 year of University under the old system (£3,000 fees and £4,000 maintenance loan, roughly) so I have about £7,000 still outstanding as I don't earn over the payback amount as of yet.

I am saving up as much as I can go hopefully go back to University in September 2014 and was wondering would my current outstanding debt stop me from getting a new student loan? I've read about SFE only allowing for 3 or 4 years worth, if I wanted to do a 4 year course would I be prevented from seeking help for one of the years as I already have 1 year that I did in 2011?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Crest,

Having an outstanding loan debt won't prevent your from being eligible for more funding, this would only be the case if you had arrears.

Every student is entitled to one extra year of student finance that can be used for a false start or a repeat year. We will consider the year of funding that you've already had as a false start year meaning that you'll still be entitled to finance for a full degree.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.