Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I want an A at AS this year but it seems like the chances of this happening are decreasing by the second for me.
    I asked my teacher for my practical marks so far and I have 19/24 for measurement and analysis which I have another go at and low marks for the rest with a 'good' score for the practical skills marked across the course. I don't exactly know what she means by a 'good' score because she didn't really elaborate on it; I know it's probably because we haven't actually finished our chemistry course but today, we had a practical; it was making halogenoalkanes and I was so nervous that I ended up breaking two separating funnels. Now I am unable to do the follow up steps on Friday so I guess that's my chemistry AS screwed up if she's using that as part of the assessment. She probably is as it's quite a big one too!
    Even though I have OK marks for measurement and analysis, I know I could have done better. I just suck at practicals in general and I have pretty much no spatial awareness so I look like an idiot when I do practicals! I couldn't even work a freaking burette clamp or a normal clamp, the latter of which I actually do know how to use. I just don't have great control of my hands. Ugh.
    I know which mistakes I have made in the measurement and analysis but obviously the third attempt won't be similar! I have got low scores in observation so that's the thing that's most worrying me. I just don't know what to write in observations and I am particularly bad at describing. :P Any tips on how to improve? I desperately want to do well in my last attempt so I have a much smaller burden.
    Anyway, the point is, what do you need to get an average 80 UMS in terms of raw marks for the other two units if you currently have 42/60 for your practical, which happens to be the boundary for C. Gah. I'd be so grateful if anyone answered because I can't seem to find a UMS/raw marks converter on the OCR website, unlike the AQA website.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.