Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm holding an offer for Spanish and Italian ab initio at Cambridge, and one for Natural sciences at Durham (with which I'm planning on studying Maths and Spanish). Maths and Spanish was what I wanted to do, and my application to Cambridge was a long shot. But now that I have the offer I'm pretty unsure!

What do you guys think? Do the merits of a Cambridge degree in languages outweigh the merits of a combined degree from Durham? What career paths will I definitely restrict myself from by choosing one over the other? I know this has to be my decision, but discussing it and hearing other opinions will still be helpful

ReputationRep:
    If maths and spanish is what you want to study then the choice is clear. You have to spend years of your life studying these subjects, don't choose an option you'll enjoy less just because it's Cambridge. Subject > University.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.