The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Parking - Exeter Cornwall Campus

Hiya! I've recently received an offer for English and History at the Exeter Cornwall Campus, which is great! Although there's a problem: my motorbike will be lonely without me (I like to think it has feelings, at least).

Although the campus discourages it, do you think it would be possible to persuade them to allow me to keep it there? Or, failing that, are there other facilities such as rented garages nearby?
Original post by phantasmagorical
Hiya! I've recently received an offer for English and History at the Exeter Cornwall Campus, which is great! Although there's a problem: my motorbike will be lonely without me (I like to think it has feelings, at least).

Although the campus discourages it, do you think it would be possible to persuade them to allow me to keep it there? Or, failing that, are there other facilities such as rented garages nearby?

As a student with a motorbike I can tell you that none of the staff at the University have a clue what they are on about!

After far too many phone calls, emails and general messing about, I managed to speak to somebody within Campus Security, as they are the guys that handle issuing parking tickets and ensuring that the rules are followed, and they were able to tell me their policy.

For motorbikes, you can park it anywhere you like as long as it follows the following rules:

1) It does not take up a paid car parking space.
2) It doesn't block any footpaths.
3) It doesn't cause an inconvenience to other students.

So personally I saw that there was a paved bit at the end of the building I'm living in which wasn't a footpath, so had no students walking through it and was off the road so wasn't blocking any cars. When I got a chance in freshers week I rang up Campus Security, asked them to send somebody down to check it was OK, he gave it the all clear, and I've never had a problem with it since.

Hope this helps.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Thanks man, really helps! Will have a gander around the campus when I get there in September for a place like that.
Original post by phantasmagorical
Thanks man, really helps! Will have a gander around the campus when I get there in September for a place like that.

No problem. There should also be some motorbike only parking spaces, but if it's like on Streatham campus then they will be few and far between, but if you ask around then you might find one in a useful location.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending