Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm considering doing Law at university, I may want to do property law, however I'm still undecided on what I want to specialise in. Therefore I want some work experience, so it'd be great if anyone could give me some advice. Maybe if you're currently studying law, a graduate or if you've got any work experience with law.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by flavius11)
    High Street firm is the obvious way to go. Most of them from experience are happy to let school students study them for a while, and not many people will apply to university with anything higher up the chain than High Street given City firms only really give work experience to undergraduates. Email a few local firms and ask them if they'd be happy to have you for a few days/ a week.

    One thing to be wary of perhaps is the 'I want to be a property lawyer' line. By the time you start studying law and then start experiencing it from a work perspective what you want to do may change considerably, as at the moment you probably have very little to base that viewpoint on. Sometimes you see people writing on personal statements etc. that they want to be a tax lawyer or a Medical lawyer but I think to make such a determination having not studied law at all is not perhaps the best approach.
    Thank you for this, really helped!
    Oh okay, but then with certain university courses, you can do specified laws, so do you advise that I do law as a general degree?

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful revision links


Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.