Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Thank you for reading this and possibly help me try find the solution to my problem.
    I've just applied for my student finance and it tells me how much my loan is, but its a LOT less then it should be and wont let me put my family income in (the slide bar just doesn't appear O_o strange right?), and therefore I can't apply for maintenance grant..
    So, in short my student finance is broken.
    Please please help if you can?
    Thank you!
    Katie
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Katie,

Are you studying an NHS by any chance?

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am, I didn't make my mother a student finance account to link to mine, but now the option to link them to each others does not appear. Its one problem after another on my student finance, its so bad I might have to apply on paper

ReputationRep:
    Hi Katie,

NHS students aren't eligible to receive a maintenance grant as they apply for non repayable NHS bursaries instead.

When you entered your course details the application recognised that you will be studying an NHS course and removed the sections that parents usually complete. As you won't be entitled to a grant we don't need your parents financial information which is why you can't link them.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thank you.
    But I should recieve more that the loan that it says I should get, so do I need link my mothers to mine?

ReputationRep:
    Hi again Katie,

NHS students only receive a reduced rate maintenance loan, here are the rates:

NHS students living:

-at home: £1,744

-away from home, in UK but not London: £2,342

-away from home, in London: £3,263

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: March 7, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.