Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Need some volunteer work for my CV Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost 16 and am currently coming up to my final GCSE exams(I'm in my last year of GCSE's). I've volunteered for the last 2 years working with animals and have recently decided to stop volunteering there regularly as I would like a change and a variety of volunteering posts to put on my CV. Does anyone know places where you can volunteer at 16?(I live in England). Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/

There should be one in your area. I did it last summer! There's also roles within NCS that you can do after the programme finishes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesschocolate28)
    I'm almost 16 and am currently coming up to my final GCSE exams(I'm in my last year of GCSE's). I've volunteered for the last 2 years working with animals and have recently decided to stop volunteering there regularly as I would like a change and a variety of volunteering posts to put on my CV. Does anyone know places where you can volunteer at 16?(I live in England). Thanks!
    How about volunteering at your local rainbow/brownie/guide group?

ReputationRep:
    In schools? Or nurserys? If you go on the job centre website you can search volunteer vacancies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What kind of thing you looking to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.do-it.org.uk/

That's a pretty good website. Has loads of different volunteering opportunities. It also has a volunteer centre finder, so if you don't know exactly what kind of volunteering you want to do you can pop in and have a chat with someone

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if you would like to volunteer in Africa

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.