Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Next year I'll be starting the IB at school and will be doing German HL, Economics HL, Biology HL and Japanese SL, Maths SL, English Literature SL.

Preferably I'd like to go to a top university to study Japanese, but recently I've been worrying that I'll have a lower chance compared to someone with an A level in Japanese because Japanese A2 looks better than Japanese SL. Would this be the case? I know the course starts from scratch (you don't need previous knowledge of Japanese) but still, would I be at a disadvantage?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'll be taking Japanese from scratch and the universities I applied for accepted me . I'm going to Manchester where they split the class into beginners and advanced groups anyway.
    You're doing two foreign languages right now too which they will like. Just show your enthusiasm for Japanese in your personal statement and go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.