Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I dont know how to cope with this breakup. Watch

Its really long to explain but my ex finally broke things off with me yesterday.
    As well as other minor issues more to do with his suspicions of me than me myself, the overarching one was one drunken night I went out with my mates and danced with guys at a club in a manner I shouldn't have
    I told him about it, he got over it and the relationship continued even stronger than before but it was only when he heard it from someone else that something switched off in him that changed his feelings towards me.
    Ive made many attempts through phone calls, texts, emails, meetings for us to move on, each time successful but not in the long run and it was yesterday he finally called it quits.

I dont need your smart insensitive comments as I did before when I posted a related topic, Im fully aware it was a mistake but my fault nonetheless.

For the past half hour Ive sobbed into my towel so my roommates dont hear me
    Ive fallen behind in my studies and been miserable and uneasy for quite some time now

I like pity from my friends which is why I havent really gone to them nor do i want to explain it to them.
    I have told my mum however but shes just telling me to man up.

What can I do? Im sick to my stomach. he sent me a message today as well saying that he loves me loads and im an amazing person but he doesnt have the patience to deal with the occurances that went on

ReputationRep:
    Even though it seems like the hardest thing in the world, time actually is the healer. Hold your head up high like nothing has happened and it will get better its self. Arrange to do things with your friends, spend time with family or start a new project.
    But do not contact your ex. Even if your asking to still be friends. If you do want to remain in contact with your ex, thats fine, but wait AT LEAST 2 months.

I honestly have many sympathies that its the hardest thing, but you need to be tough, for your sake, your futures sake and the people around yous sake.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.