Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm starting Radiography in Sept 13. I'm 21 and from Cork Ireland. Just said I'd set this up to try and meet other people who are or hope to be starting in Sept.
    Also if any current Radiography or Radiotherapy students wanna drop a line that'd be great too. Info on accommodation, social life, the Hatfield area that'd be great too!!

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine is in his 1st year doing Radiography. He likes the accomodation, he likes the social life, he likes the course and he says the lecturers are good/have a sense of humour. He stays in Telford court, which is my first choice of accommodation if I don't go straight into private. Hatfield on the whole is a quiet town, though. That's about all I know 8)

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm from Dublin. Where are you going in sept. ? Im going to liverpool to do radiography!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Hertfordshire, Liverpool rejected me unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I've got Hertfordshire as my first choice for radiography starting this September too! Gotta get them grades first obviously but other than that I'm really excited to get here!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, dunno if anyone can help me with this one, but I was wondering how much easier life would be with car, in terms of getting to and from placements and that or is public transport a better option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pdog8)
    Hey, dunno if anyone can help me with this one, but I was wondering how much easier life would be with car, in terms of getting to and from placements and that or is public transport a better option?
    herts has its own bus network which is quite good, but if you have a car you can not park on campus as a first year. there is a park and ride with free shuttle bus every 6 mins.
    car parks on hospital sites charge but i think students are considered staff so you should be ok
    personally i would have a car as there is no late night buses around herts.

hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I just firmed Hertfordshire too, so hope to be starting in September, just need to get those grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pdog8)
    I'm off to Hertfordshire, Liverpool rejected me unfortunately.
    what grade did u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeBonner)
    I've got Hertfordshire as my first choice for radiography starting this September too! Gotta get them grades first obviously but other than that I'm really excited to get here!
    what grades do u need to get? and if u don't mind me asking what were ur as level grades? (also want to do radiography)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helena'O)
    I just firmed Hertfordshire too, so hope to be starting in September, just need to get those grades.
    what grades do u need to get? and if u don't mind me asking what were ur as level grades? (also want to do radiography)

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm really freaking out about results day! I have firmed hertfordshire and insured london south bank and i know getting just one offer is amazing since two of my friends who also applied for diagnostic radiography got no offers i was just wondering if anyone knew how much leeway hertfordshire might give on their entry requirements? I will definitely get 260-28 ucas points but they are asking for 300 :/ i spoke to a student who got accepted for sept 2012 and she got in with 280 points through clearing without any interviews so maybe there is hope? I really wanna get into hertfordshire i love it so much! If anyone else has firmed hertfordshire what grades are you predicted? I want to know if i'm aiming too high compared to other candidates. Please reply guys, thanks in advance and hope to see you guys in hertfordshire in september!xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have a selection day in June so undecided whether to go or not. I already have an offer for another course but I'm in alittle bit of a dilemma about which one to choose if I do get the offer for Radiography. What do you guy's think or advise, (by the way it's an engineering course I studied in the past at university for a year and thinking if to change career, i.e Radiography),
    Peace.

ReputationRep:
    A question for current students, do you get to choose where you do your placement or do the uni decide also if you can pick what are the best hospitals-I know the Oxford University hospital is one of he potential hospitals but its miles away...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pdog8)
    A question for current students, do you get to choose where you do your placement or do the uni decide also if you can pick what are the best hospitals-I know the Oxford University hospital is one of he potential hospitals but its miles away...
    Hi pdog8,
    Congratulations on your offer!!,
    Univ has its own list of hospitals for placement,so you have to choose out of them only.
    Usually your placement changes every year,there are still choices to otp one hospital out of three to four every year but still flexible to pick.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am starting diagnostic radiography in Sept too! Very excited :-) I'm 27 and will be commuting into uni from Bucks. Have you received a welcome pack or any info yet? It's probably abit early yet... so you are a mature student too, were you studying before or working? Gem

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21. I got sick in September and was forced to drop out of my course so I'm trying to start a fresh after that not so pleasant experience. No I've not good any of that yet but I've been told they stay allotting accommodation places for people with unconditional offers in July so they'll probably start sending out more info from then on.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Just got an unconditional offer to study diagnostic at Herts this Sept (not awaiting any grades as I already have another degree). Can't wait!!

Does anyone know how many weeks we should put down for calculating our nhs bursaries? Do we have the same dates as the rest of the uni or are we on placement over summer?

Cheers, Ollie x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pdog8)
    I'm 21. I got sick in September and was forced to drop out of my course so I'm trying to start a fresh after that not so pleasant experience. No I've not good any of that yet but I've been told they stay allotting accommodation places for people with unconditional offers in July so they'll probably start sending out more info from then on.
    O blimey sorry to hear that. Yeah I got an email shortly after accepting re accommodation. I'm interested to see this years reading list. I've just sent off for my nhs bursary, it took a while to collate all the 'evidence' that they require!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Znapdragon)
    Hi guys! Just got an unconditional offer to study diagnostic at Herts this Sept (not awaiting any grades as I already have another degree). Can't wait!!

Does anyone know how many weeks we should put down for calculating our nhs bursaries? Do we have the same dates as the rest of the uni or are we on placement over summer?

Cheers, Ollie x
    Hi Ollie, The number of weeks each year varies, on average though about 36 weeks. In year 2 we are expected to do placement for up to 3 weeks over the summer holiday and then in year 3 we finish in June so only do about 12 weeks on placement over that year compared to 18 weeks placement in yr 1&2. I sent off for my nhs bursary today, the application is quite long especially as they asked for tons of 'evidence', hopefully yours is more straight forward! This is also my second degree, will you be living on campus? Gemma :-)

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.