Turn on thread page Beta

essex watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    chelmsford used to be amazing, but since the Y closed its got kinda dead, which is wierd, cos noone went to the Y, but since it closed, the whole scene just died on its feet...i live in brentwood/shenfield, which is boring as hell but very quiet and safe. I'd move to somewhere with waves, or like, the bahamas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robo)
    i am thinking of moving to essex from eastbourne is there any one out there ho knows what essex is like
    essex is kool!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swim By)
    colchester is rubbish, i wanted to go to the uni but the place is so *****y.!
    Seriously?! Darn it, I might be going there aswell...

(Original post by TELEPATHICTUBBY)
    Seriously?! Darn it, I might be going there aswell...
    its not, i live in colchester there is lots to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    its not, i live in colchester there is lots to do
    Oh cool, thanks for reassuring me DazYaZZZ! I guess it's like any place, there's the good and the bad....
    Anyway, Uni is what you make it, and if some people want to be miserable *******s.. let them, I say.
    Cheers.

Oh cool, thanks for reassuring me DazYaZZZ! I guess it's like any place, there's the good and the bad....
    Anyway, Uni is what you make it, and if some people want to be miserable *******s.. let them, I say.
    Cheers.
    you're welcome friend - Essex is a respectable university with a lot of nice people there ( every person i've met is of a friendly nature ) colchester is my home town and it's certainly not boring

ReputationRep:
    you're welcome friend - Essex is a respectable university with a lot of nice people there ( every person i've met is of a friendly nature ) colchester is my home town and it's certainly not boring
    Oh that's good to hear. cheers. Well, as well as yourself, going on the essex student uni forum, there do seem to be some lovely helpful people...and if that's a reflection, then I am certainly looking forward to it....

Oh that's good to hear. cheers. Well, as well as yourself, going on the essex student uni forum, there do seem to be some lovely helpful people...and if that's a reflection, then I am certainly looking forward to it....
    that's cool i'm sure you will enjoy it, what are you applying to do at essex?

ReputationRep:
    that's cool i'm sure you will enjoy it, what are you applying to do at essex?
    Ah...I've applied for History, but I don't think I have much motivation for the subject...
    The good thing about Essex Uni is that you can change your course at the end of the year- if you've done the correct modules for the course that you're changing too.
    For instance, I can choose 3 other humanites and comparative studies subjects so...I think I may choose philosophy, Literature and Economics and choose whatever I like at the end...but there is a much greater range to choose from....
    That's what mostly appealed to me about the Uni.
    What are you going to study/ studying?

Ah...I've applied for History, but I don't think I have much motivation for the subject...
    The good thing about Essex Uni is that you can change your course at the end of the year- if you've done the correct modules for the course that you're changing too.
    For instance, I can choose 3 other humanites and comparative studies subjects so...I think I may choose philosophy, Literature and Economics and choose whatever I like at the end...but there is a much greater range to choose from....
    That's what mostly appealed to me about the Uni.
    What are you going to study/ studying?
    heh yes tis always good to have some diversity
    hoping to read dentistry at liverpool

ReputationRep:
    heh yes tis always good to have some diversity
    hoping to read dentistry at liverpool
    Dentistry is a very good profession...you more than make up for looking down people's mouths...with the money you get...especially orthodontists!!

Dentistry is a very good profession...you more than make up for looking down people's mouths...with the money you get...especially orthodontists!!
    yes, my ambition would be to set up a private practice: " DazYa's Dental practice " haha! but i'd need a lot of money for that, therefore the chances are very slim!

ReputationRep:
    yes, my ambition would be to set up a private practice: " DazYa's Dental practice " haha! but i'd need a lot of money for that, therefore the chances are very slim!
    Hey don't worry about all that now...you've got a dream and you're doing something about it! so good luck to you!!!

Hey don't worry about all that now...you've got a dream and you're doing something about it! so good luck to you!!!
    lol! why thank you. am going to crash out on my bed and sleep now, so good night

and good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    lol! why thank you. am going to crash out on my bed and sleep now, so good night

and good luck to you
    thanks a lot DazYaZZZZ......good night pleasant dreams....

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Southend, Essex. It's quite a diverse place. Too many rudey's for my liking though. What is WITH the Nickelson tops and sports trousers tucked into their shorts!?!?

Essex is very diverse, it has a reputation for Essex Boys and Essex Girls though.

(Original post by AdamC)
    I'm in Southend, Essex. It's quite a diverse place. Too many rudey's for my liking though. What is WITH the Nickelson tops and sports trousers tucked into their shorts!?!?

Essex is very diverse, it has a reputation for Essex Boys and Essex Girls though.
    i agree mate, but to be honest, southend isn't the best of all places in essex is it?

ReputationRep:
    i agree mate, but to be honest, southend isn't the best of all places in essex is it?
    LoL!! You can say that again. It's full of life tho!

(Original post by AdamC)
    LoL!! You can say that again. It's full of life tho!
    yes, got lots of amusement parks and stuff like that, all the fairs, and the seaside etc

a lot of my mums family are from southend!

ReputationRep:
    yes, got lots of amusement parks and stuff like that, all the fairs, and the seaside etc

a lot of my mums family are from southend!

Or "Saaaaaafeeennddd" as it is so spoken! lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.