The Student Room Group

CCEA English Literature A-Level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alreidx
If you're stuck with how to answer the butcher boy, I have a handout from a few years back my teacher gave me that's really useful for breaking the essay down, if that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

that would be amazing thank you so much!!
Any predictions for this year?
Original post by alreidx
Hey :-) just wondering if anybody else studies this and what texts they study/how they're finding the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there anyone else studying this?
Has anyone got predictions for the pardoners tale/ drama of social realism or catcher in the rye and l'etranger/ butcher boy??
Morality tale, sin or death for pardoners tale
Original post by Angie1998

death would be horrendous, I have little to talk about if that comes up because all you can talk about is the riotoures so I'd be lost for talking about the rest of the tale! I think preaching could also be a possibility!
Original post by alreidx
If you're stuck with how to answer the butcher boy, I have a handout from a few years back my teacher gave me that's really useful for breaking the essay down, if that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooo would you mind sending it to me too? I'm struggling with them!
Has anyone any predictions for The Rape of the Lock? or the Volpone and the School for Scandel?
Rape of the lock - beau monde, sylphs or battle of the sexes possibly (just based on what hasn't come up recently) perhaps context on satire or mock epic.
Does anyone have any predictions for the drama of social realism?
Studying Rape of the Lock, Burial at thebes/king lear, catcher in the rye/scarlet letter and butcher boy. Has anyone got any predictions?

Also would anyone have any resources e.g. Essays/notes they could send me on any of the topics?
Original post by rachelc98
Does anyone have any predictions for the drama of social realism?

I think the effect of social attitudes on men could be a possibility like comparing torvald and Jimmy and I think women is also a possibility
Any predictictions for Pardoner/Thebes and Lear? Really dreading this exam :/
My teacher suggested cruelty of the gods/justice for lear/thebes?? Maybe tragic hero between lear and creon? For Pardoner it's probably either going to be corruption of the church, sin or death...
Original post by Angie1998

Sorry but what could you write about it being a morality play if theirs already been a parable question? Do we need to know the definition of morality play?
Original post by Niamhd123
Has anyone got predictions for the pardoners tale/ drama of social realism or catcher in the rye and l'etranger/ butcher boy??

Would the pardoner question be sin and death or just death because sin is usually in the question?? What would you write about death?? Or a morality play what extract would we even get for that! So stressed omg needa chill
Original post by Mollyql_27
My teacher suggested cruelty of the gods/justice for lear/thebes?? Maybe tragic hero between lear and creon? For Pardoner it's probably either going to be corruption of the church, sin or death...

Sorry but would you know what to write about death and sin or a morality play?
For death you could write about how the riotoures are on a blasphemous quest to kill death and how between a quarter and a third of the population were killed during the black plague. With sin you could write about how the pardoner is ironically preaching against sin even though he is sinning himself and could include the seven deadly sins and people lived in deep fear of sin. For morality tales i think you'd talk about the tale proper and how the pardoner uses simple language to make the story accessible to an audience, how death is personified and how he includes a moral message??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure I would choose the morality play question though if it came up :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mollyql_27
Not sure I would choose the morality play question though if it came up :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'd chose the death one thank for we get a choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending