Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Uni - Relationships Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    Ah that's so comforting thank-you so much! Coffee may not apply as im a guy, but maybe music or xbox or something aha That really was so useful thank-you. Just one question, dont feel like you have to answer, which uni do you go to? Im contemplating over either Exeter or Sheffield... I ask because if it's particularly academic people may go out less anyway?
    Yes, music, xbox, watching sports etc with guys. Someone I knew had a flat that were really into clubbing, still seemed to have a movie night/ do something a bit quieter once a week and they would watch the football together whenever it was on. So even if you get put with hard partiers like them... they are human and therefore don't have unlimited energy and may want to do something quieter once in a while!

In fact if you suggest quieter stuff, some guys will secretly be grateful, they might want to too, but there's such a huge amount of peer pressure with going out , drinking etc. You may get sick of hall food after a while and all decide to go to a restaurant or get a takeaway once in a while

Also the other one is course mates, you might have to do group stuff for your course but even if you don't some people like studying together - then you get closer and do non course related stuff together. Don't expect to be besties with the people you are living with though, some people really click with their flat, others don't and meet people from other flats, on their course and societies. You will be fine and best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    It won't affect you having friends at all.

Not everyone is into clubbing. Many love it. Many do it casually. Many dont do it at all.

The good friends, the ones that matter, they wont let it affect the friendship if you dont want to club often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xfirekittyx)
    Yes, music, xbox, watching sports etc with guys. Someone I knew had a flat that were really into clubbing, still seemed to have a movie night/ do something a bit quieter once a week and they would watch the football together whenever it was on. So even if you get put with hard partiers like them... they are human and therefore don't have unlimited energy and may want to do something quieter once in a while!

In fact if you suggest quieter stuff, some guys will secretly be grateful, they might want to too, but there's such a huge amount of peer pressure with going out , drinking etc. You may get sick of hall food after a while and all decide to go to a restaurant or get a takeaway once in a while

Also the other one is course mates, you might have to do group stuff for your course but even if you don't some people like studying together - then you get closer and do non course related stuff together. Don't expect to be besties with the people you are living with though, some people really click with their flat, others don't and meet people from other flats, on their course and societies. You will be fine and best of luck.
    lol thanks, un-delete me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    lol thanks, un-delete me!
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xfirekittyx)
    Why?
    Because it wasn't me that sent that message, don't know why it was so upsetting though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.