Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy South Bank and love my course, however LSBU has an extremely negative reputation. I'm considering transferring to an alternative university to complete my degree (2nd and 3rd years)...probably somewhere out of London. I'm worried that having LSBU on my CV could deter potential recruiters

Has anybody else transferred into second year? How did it go for you?

If you were in my position do you think you'd transfer?

ReputationRep:
    If you love southbank and love your course why would you move? It doesn't matter what reputation a place has as long as you love it. There will always be something bad to say about every university it just depends on whether you listen to it or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossical)
    I enjoy South Bank and love my course, however LSBU has an extremely negative reputation. I'm considering transferring to an alternative university to complete my degree (2nd and 3rd years)...probably somewhere out of London. I'm worried that having LSBU on my CV could deter potential recruiters

Has anybody else transferred into second year? How did it go for you?

If you were in my position do you think you'd transfer?
    I was almost put off doing a course because I'd heard things about the university's reputation. At the end of the day, you've got to trust your own opinion. A degree is a degree, and a degree is a useful addition to any CV, however it is not the only thing employers are looking for. Don't feel like your potential to get a job rests solely on the reputation of a university (which some may agree with and some not). Do what makes you happy

ReputationRep:
    the way you've put it (extremely negative) I would. I'm sorry but even other universities acknowledge universities reputations. I went to my backup university's open day and the tutor who spoke at the welcome lecture actually said "... but when you're talking about London universities for this subject King's, UCL, LSE its a different league altogether...". And I think there is far more aggressive recruiting in London

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.