The Student Room Group

A-Level choices

Hi :smile: well, I'm starting 6form this September and I'm still unsure what A-levels to pick. I've already picked three (which I can change once we get our GCSE results) and I don't know if I want to do them or not. The three I've picked are: Psychology, English literature and Health and social care diploma. I defiantly want to do psychology (hopefully at uni too) but I'm kinda unsure about the other two :frown:... What else suits psychology? (a part from biology!!:l) & Is English lit a good a level to study? I'm doing the GCSE at the moment, it seems ok... :P
If you don't want to do biology...

Psychology
History
English Literature
Maths (statistics modules)
Reply 2
Oh ok, thank you! :smile:
Original post by Soha...
Oh ok, thank you! :smile:

Sound good? Or...
Reply 4
Yeaah, sounds fine, a part from maths! But, I'll probably do statistics like you suggested :biggrin:
Original post by Soha...
Yeaah, sounds fine, a part from maths! But, I'll probably do statistics like you suggested :biggrin:

I know someone who got:

A*A* (Psychology + Maths)
History A
English Lit B

Now a first year studying at Cardiff University :smile:
Reply 6
Whoaa! :O I think I could get that in Psychology but none of the others! Maybe Lit, but that's about it :L I haven't done history in ages either :/
Original post by Soha...
Whoaa! :O I think I could get that in Psychology but none of the others! Maybe Lit, but that's about it :L I haven't done history in ages either :/

You can if you work hard :smile:

And, history, isn't always required at GCSE to do it...

What are your GCSEs?
Reply 8
Erm...
English lang/lit, maths(& now stats too) and science (of course:L)
Geography, HSC, RE and Psychology
Original post by Soha...
Erm...
English lang/lit, maths(& now stats too) and science (of course:L)
Geography, HSC, RE and Psychology

Is there a separate stats option?

Also, can you do history at your sixth form without GCSE?
Reply 10
Yeah there is apparently & my friend said that as long as I get a B and above in English I can do history as an A-level
Original post by Soha...
Yeah there is apparently & my friend said that as long as I get a B and above in English I can do history as an A-level

Well in that case definitely do what I suggested if you're comfortable.
Reply 12
Haha, I will :smile: thanks again!
Original post by Soha...
Haha, I will :smile: thanks again!

Np:smile:

Quick Reply