Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Impossible to stay friends with women watch

Having the opposite problem of what most guys have. I don't know very many women and am certainly no player, but of those that I do know, the ones who are single always seem to end up liking me after some time.

I realise how big headed this sounds, but honestly I have no idea why. I have a good looking face but I am also quite small and puny. I'm guessing it could be because I have a pretty gentle and friendly outer personality which comforts people. I am also very smiley which sometimes may give girls the wrong impression.

Anyway, finding this increasingly difficult as I start tending to avoid those girls as soon as I start picking up on the hints. They think I've suddenly started hating them for no reason but it's really because I don't want to keep leading them on. Consequently I tend to lose most of the friendships I make with girls after time. I can't even invite them out in case they get the wrong impression!

How to deal with this?

How to deal with it?
    Be friends with guys. Start dating someone. Make it clear to girls that you're interested in someone else.

Just tell them you like someone else and ask for their advice on the matter I think things like that normally seal the deal and they are completely friendzoned.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2013
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.