Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Impossible to stay friends with women Watch

Having the opposite problem of what most guys have. I don't know very many women and am certainly no player, but of those that I do know, the ones who are single always seem to end up liking me after some time.

I realise how big headed this sounds, but honestly I have no idea why. I have a good looking face but I am also quite small and puny. I'm guessing it could be because I have a pretty gentle and friendly outer personality which comforts people. I am also very smiley which sometimes may give girls the wrong impression.

Anyway, finding this increasingly difficult as I start tending to avoid those girls as soon as I start picking up on the hints. They think I've suddenly started hating them for no reason but it's really because I don't want to keep leading them on. Consequently I tend to lose most of the friendships I make with girls after time. I can't even invite them out in case they get the wrong impression!

How to deal with this?

ReputationRep:
    How to deal with it?
    Be friends with guys. Start dating someone. Make it clear to girls that you're interested in someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them you like someone else and ask for their advice on the matter I think things like that normally seal the deal and they are completely friendzoned.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.