Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a year 12 student, hoping to study dentistry in universtiy. Unfortunately, due to ill health, I have been forced to take a year out of school and will, therefore, be repeating year 12 next year. I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and French. I have completed the entire AS level for maths and am halfway through the A2 syllabus. My reason for taking the entire A2 in one year is that I understood that universities don't like it if you take one AS level before the others as it doesn';t show you can cope with pressure. I, therefore, reasoned that by taking the entire A2 this year, I will then have the capacity to take on another subject (history) when I return to school next year and, thereby, prove I can cope with the pressure of 4 subjects at once.
    Maths A2 is becoming increasingly difficult to teach myself and, although I think I might just be able to cope, I am starting to question the value in it Having scoured university webistes, it appears to me that the only compulsory A level requirements are biology and chemistry which I plan to continue to A2 anyway. My question, therefore, is as follows: if I decided to sit only the maths AS level this year and not continue with the A2 would I be jepardized in any way or is this not necessary? Truthfully, I am presuming universities will base my acceptance on the A levels I have taken in the same year, primarily: biology, chemistry, history and french. Would this combination (along with maths AS level this year) give me as good a chance as anyone else in acceptance?

Sorry for the essay. Hope I have made myself clear. Any responses would be greatly appreciated, sooner rather than later so I know whether I need to bother continuing with maths A2 or whether I can focus all my energies on the AS.
    Good luck to everyone taking exams this year

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.