Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What to wear to this gig? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm going to see Foals in Birmingham tonight...but I have no idea what to wear. Any ideas?

I'm tempted to wear a black bodycon dress with a blazer over the top and slightly heeled boots, but is this too dressy?

x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It'll be sweaty, so nothing too heavy and something with pockets maybe so you don't need a bag.

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise shorts over a dress/skirt unless you are planning on standing right at the back.

ReputationRep:
    Never heels for a gig, unless you can stand on them for hours... I ended barefoot on several concerts since I can't follow my own advice

I'd also advice wearing some kind of white item. Maybe a scarf or something. It reflects the stage light best and you'll be seen easier. Everybody's always wearing black... A light jacket might be better than a blazer since it's going to be hot in there if it's crowded. Just take something you can crumple together and put in your bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I'd advise shorts over a dress/skirt unless you are planning on standing right at the back.
    I'll be standing right at the back...I have the flu, so I'm not quite feeling up to being near the front x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll get way too hot in a blazer, and no one really wears heels to gigs, especially not with a bodycon dress. People don't really dress up for gigs at all, but if it's what you're comfy in or wanna wear then who cares. Something more like high waist shorts with some indie top and brogues would be more generic/normal.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.