Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Don't ever let anyone help you with your bags Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linnerzx)
    This story is not true. I've heard so many people tell it like it's their own story, it's always 'their friend'. There's a few variations of it as well.

Sorry troops.
    Maybe this person maintains a group of friends both vocal and numerous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I have a grip thank you very much madam

True, most would - but unless someone's really struggling I think it a bit interfering

That'd be even worse, offending a guy's sense of masculinity!

Good for you
    ok well i'd rather someone else carried my bag than me, why would i be rude enough to throw a kind offer from a stranger back in their face? it is just wrong. what a society we live in.

ReputationRep:
    This story is not true. I've heard so many people tell it like it's their own story, it's always 'their friend'. There's a few variations of it as well.

Sorry troops.
    Maybe it happened to one person with many, many friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    ok well i'd rather someone else carried my bag than me, why would i be rude enough to throw a kind offer from a stranger back in their face? it is just wrong. what a society we live in.
    My sentiments entirely :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    My sentiments entirely :holmes:
    then glad we agree cowboy

ReputationRep:
    hahaaa the look on his face would have been hilarious

ReputationRep:
    You've lost me.. Dog chow?
    Traditionally, dogs were used in chow mein. It was a twist on the horse meat scandal. Probably a bit subtle and wine-induced.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard this story before from someone else. It would be funny & sad if it was true, but apparently it's not!

ReputationRep:
    then glad we agree cowboy
    :hat2:

(Original post by Rascacielos)
    Traditionally, dogs were used in chow mein
    Learn something new every day

ReputationRep:
    Siunds a bit spoilt

ReputationRep:
    Story's been circulating since 2005 at least. One version has a cat in the case.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=33271

ReputationRep:

Sorry troops.
    Isn't there a variation of it to do with customs searches at the airport? Like all urban legends, it comes in multiple flavours.

ReputationRep:
    :hat2:

Learn something new every day
    That was also a joke based on 'chow', although they did/do (?) eat dogs in China - not specifically in chow mein though.

Apologies, I'm feeling slightly odd tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    Siunds a bit spoilt
    I don't know - it's pretty good having your bags carried for you, even if it is spoilt, it's nice spoilt. Although I would prefer it be someone I knew and trusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I don't know - it's pretty good having your bags carried for you, even if it is spoilt, it's nice spoilt. Although I would prefer it be someone I knew and trusted.
    .. Mm I guess so

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of Sheldon Coopers journey to Bozeman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    Siunds a bit spoilt
    lol, excuse me for prefering not to lug around a huge bag, i never said i EXPECTED someone else to carry it, just i would rather carry no bag.

ReputationRep:
    Apologies, I'm feeling slightly odd tonight
    Ha, never apologise for randomness, it's an important part of what makes us human

ReputationRep:
    lol, excuse me for prefering not to lug around a huge bag, i never said i EXPECTED someone else to carry it, just i would rather carry no bag.
    Yeah, it's just one of those things that are nice if they happen. I mean, I wouldn't mind having someone carry my stuff around for me all day, if they were willing. They would need to be quite strong as well, the books get quite heavy.

ReputationRep:

I have to admit, if someone offers to help me when I'm dragging my suitcase across the London underground, I do occasionally think: "why, does it look like I can't manage?"
    Probably does Rasca

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.