Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Don't ever let anyone help you with your bags Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Probably does Rasca
    I like to think of it as good exercise.

ReputationRep:
    My family and I were on a trip to Paris a few years ago, saw someone French looking who knew where he was going and asked him for directions to our hotel. We were a bit lost and it was pretty dark and late at night. This guy was just the sweetest person, had a little chat with us and kindly helped us out using the maps app on his phone. As we were leaving my dad accidentally grabbed the wrong suitcase and starts walking away.. the guy just completely panicked and started saying things in French until we realised what happened haha. The look on his face was priceless, poor guy thought he'd been scammed or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Yeah, it's just one of those things that are nice if they happen. I mean, I wouldn't mind having someone carry my stuff around for me all day, if they were willing. They would need to be quite strong as well, the books get quite heavy.
    yes exactly, i think most people given the choice would rather not have to carry their heavy stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    yes exactly, i think most people given the choice would rather not have to carry their heavy stuff...
    It could be a p/t role widely available for able-bodied students - 'bag/book carrier wanted - regular work, long hours, lots of hanging about outside lecture theatres'. No shame in that.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.