Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm under consideration for the Msc in Petroleum Engineering since 4/2, how much did it take for you to get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renaki123)
    Hi,
    I'm under consideration for the Msc in Petroleum Engineering since 4/2, how much did it take for you to get an offer?
    I got a conditional offer to do MSc Petroleum Geophysics just slightly over a week after sending in a complete application. I was in contact with one of the course' s admissions professor beforehand though.

You could probably do the same by e-mailing/calling the course department co-ordinator or even better, the course's admission professor and asking them about their decision. Sometimes, you need to keep on chasing them as there is a chance that they have forgotten about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rukutaneja)
    Hey, everyone
    Just wanted to know if anyone else has a postgraduate offer from Imperial College London & the course you have opted for!
    Mine:-
    Course: MSc Strategic Marketing

Hey, congrats on you offer!!

I am invited for an interview next week. could you help with any tips about interview? questions ??

thnx

ReputationRep:
    I have accepted an offer for MSc General Structural Engineering with ICL.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, everyone
    Just wanted to know if anyone else has a postgraduate offer from Imperial College London & the course you have opted for!
    Mine:-
    Course: MSc Strategic Marketing
    HI
    Congrats on that
    I've been invited for an interview this tuesday for Msc Strategic Marketing. I was hoping if you could help me out on what to expect.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shwethasuresh92)
    HI
    Congrats on that
    I've been invited for an interview this tuesday for Msc Strategic Marketing. I was hoping if you could help me out on what to expect.
    Cheers
    Just out of curiosity, how long ago did you apply? I also applied for strategic marketing and have been dying waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnniii)
    Hey, congrats on you offer!!

I am invited for an interview next week. could you help with any tips about interview? questions ??

thnx
    Hi! Congratulations on your interview
    Well, they are probably going to ask you questions such as:
    Why did you pick this course?
    Compare two brands and their branding strategy. E.g. Nokia & Samsung
    Which brand do you admire?

Best of luck! Keep me posted xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shwethasuresh92)
    HI
    Congrats on that
    Cheers

Hi! Congratulations on your interview
    Well, they are probably going to ask you questions such as:
    Why did you pick this course?
    Compare two brands and their branding strategy. E.g. Nokia & Samsung
    Which brand do you admire?

Best of luck! Keep me posted xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbygal)
    Just out of curiosity, how long ago did you apply? I also applied for strategic marketing and have been dying waiting!
    Hi, I am so glad you applied
    I think they took approx. a month to figure out everything, i.e. Skype Interview, English Language Interview, etc. Best thing is to email them with a reminder if it has been more than 2 weeks after your references have gone in.

Also, I am on their FB group for the same program me and I think there are still many place available. The admissions team said they are swamped at the moment. Hope this helps

Best of luck, keep me posted xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    Does anyone know when will the interviews for the Petroleum engineering Msc departmental scholarships take place???
    Thank you in advance

Rena

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I accepted an offer from Imperial for MRes Cancer Biology

ReputationRep:
    No more offer holders for ICL ?

ReputationRep:
    i have recently accepted my offer for Msc Management at the business school

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for MRes in Ecology, Evolution and Conservation, which is at the Silwood Campus in Berkshire. And I accepted it

The Life Sciences department is being reorganised which meant they had to resend my offer and I had to accept it again.
    Everyone applying to the Life Science Department and its 3 divisions better check their application on the student services page because you may need to re-accept your offer. I got an email saying my offer had changed :eek:, and an explanatory email about an hour ago.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have a postgrad offer for Msc Biomedical Engineering!

What are people doing about accommodation??

ReputationRep:
    MSc Biomedical Engineering aswell I'm wondering about accommodation too, are the halls just for undergraduates? Could just find the gradpad things on the website. Should probably give them a call or send them an email.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think Gradpad is the only think Ive really found!

Dont fancy undergrad accomodation anyway.

What stream you going for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, guys. All the accommodation in zone 1 or 2 are approx. up to 200 pounds a week. I will be booking with Independent Student Living because I have heard a few negative stories about grad-pad on their facebook page. Also, because my other friends who are in their 3rd year of undergrad can book at ISL. For accommodation under 200 p/w, I suggest to check out Unite accommodation but this will be considerably further from Imperial.

If any of you want to chat, please message me and exchange Skype ids.

Best Regards
    Hey what did you hear about gradPad? Me and my friend are looking into postgrad accomadation so any advice would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehendow)
    Hey what did you hear about gradPad? Me and my friend are looking into postgrad accomadation so any advice would be great!
    Hey I've booked a place at Gradpad's new Wood Lane studios. I have yet to visit the place since I'm currently in Malaysia. However, based on the points below, I have decided NOT to go to Gradpad and instead will opt for the Ducane Housing Association flats which is half the cost and about the same distance to Imperial. I hope this gives you a different perspective as compared to what the advertisement want you to believe.

• It is not affordable. Gradpad requires me to pay the full 12 months rent of 11 000+ pounds up front, 17 months in advance (from April 2013) of my masters end date in September 2014.
    • It is difficult for me to secure a UK based guarantor. GradPad requires me to find a UK based guarantor if I want to pay via the 3 months rent installment option. For a foreigner like me, it is difficult enough to find a UK based guarantor, let alone finding a UK based guarantor who is willing to guarantee 11 000+ pounds for the full rent payment.
    • My place at Wood Lane studios is not guaranteed. Part 1.6 of the GradPad tenancy agreement states that: “GradPad reserves the right to vary accommodation allocations during the Period of Residence as necessary for the purposes of good management of its accommodation.”

I've also heard from other students, that due to their policy of moving students around for the "good management" of its accommodation, it has affected their studies. To make matters worse, the internet is intermittent and makes passing up internet based assignments difficult. Appliances has taken over 6 months to be fixed. This comments come from a posting on TSR which has been removed a day after it was posted on the Gradpad thread. I can personally PM or e-mail to you the complaint since I've managed to save it for reference.

For TSR moderators, I hope you will allow this post as it is important that TSR remains free from the influence of external sources which are only interested in making profits. It is after all, the role of TSR for students to obtain truthful, unbiased information to exchange for the benefit of other students. This was the reason I joined TSR and the only reason I see in joining TSR. I hope I won't be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehendow)
    Hello, I have heard the same as what mdaniel22 has pointed out. I have also heard that Gradpad accommodation like Griffon Studios is unsafe at night and quite a few people have been mugged.

I am looking at Independent Student Living, which is an upcoming accommodation. I'll be going for a flat viewing on Thursday and will post my final opinions here.

Cheers!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.