Turn on thread page Beta

Do Blackwell's give NUS discounts? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    A fire in a book shop!
    [FONT=Sarcastic]Wow, thats a really good idea![FONT]
    oh haha, it's in a stone fire place and has a fire guard, sounds stupid but i guess its no more dangerous than having a fire in a house (it's not like waterstones or smiths and doesn't have little kids running round)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Next time I am in Southport I may check that out. Is it near Lord street?
    yep. if you turn left off lord street from the safeway end + go down the road before the old cinema (the one before eastbank street with mcdonalds on, it's got a big pub called the carlton on the corner) it's just there.

you go to southport often? it's a dump...

lou xxx
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    you go to southport often? it's a dump...
    Yeah but there is a wonderful chocolate shop/cafe on lord st that sells real hot chocolate (made with chocolate lumps not powdered crap) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Yeah but there is a wonderful chocolate shop/cafe on lord st that sells real hot chocolate (made with chocolate lumps not powdered crap) :cool:
    where :confused: i have lived here for 14 years and i don't know of this places exitance!!! *is ready to grab coat and sprint into town (or get a lift...)*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    TBH I don't know any bookshops (especially university bookshops) that do a student discount? The Waterstones here in Soton certainly doesn't.
    ure at soton! me too
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    where :confused: i have lived here for 14 years and i don't know of this places exitance!!! *is ready to grab coat and sprint into town (or get a lift...)*

lou xxx
    it might be gone now - it was certainly there about 8 yrs ago when my mum was working in southport (she used to be the manager of the manweb office inside morrissons)

It looks (or looked) just like another of those grubby little coffee shops/cafes that are all over the place but they sell hand made chocolates and proper hot chocolate too.

ReputationRep:
    it might be gone now - it was certainly there about 8 yrs ago when my mum was working in southport (she used to be the manager of the manweb office inside morrissons)

It looks (or looked) just like another of those grubby little coffee shops/cafes that are all over the place but they sell hand made chocolates and proper hot chocolate too.
    *plans top spend the next week exploring all the cafes in southport*

any idea of wheerabouts on lord street it was... safeway end/debenhams end?

lou xxx
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    *plans top spend the next week exploring all the cafes in southport*

any idea of wheerabouts on lord street it was... safeway end/debenhams end?

lou xxx
    not really sure - we used to just get out of the train station and walk to lord street and just wander along the whole street from there :confused:

It was definitely on the seaward side of the street though - along the stretch with all the little canopy bits

It's been a long time since I was in southport (in fact the last time was over 5 yrs ago and we only went to eat at Ho Lee Chows (I love that place) so didn't actually visit the town centre at all)

ReputationRep:
    I used to go to southport a lot but the last time we went my dad wrote the car off on the way back so I probably won't be going for long time. The beach is nice in Southport though, I prefer it to Blackpool anyday.

ReputationRep:
    I used to go to southport a lot but the last time we went my dad wrote the car off on the way back so I probably won't be going for long time. The beach is nice in Southport though, I prefer it to Blackpool anyday.
    how did he wirte the car off! ?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Blackpool :shudder: I hate that place :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool :shudder: I hate that place :mad:
    what do you do in soton pencilqueen??
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Baron)
    what do you do in soton pencilqueen??
    I did geology - now I work here

ReputationRep:
    I did geology - now I work here
    cool, im doing software engineering at the institute

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.